• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Attractions/Apparel Question (Ladies in particular!) :D

bethannie203

Mouseketeer
We are first-timers to DLR (and California!)... we are going next week! YAY! My question is: Are there any attractions in DL/DCA that fasten between your legs? AND are there any rides where you risk flip-flops falling off? The reason I ask is because I am planning to wear some comfy dresses and probably my flip-flops a couple of the days we are there, but I don't want to be hindered on any attractions!

I've never had that problem at WDW, but I just want to check to make sure.

Oh wise DLR experts, please impart to me your knowledge! ;)

We are first-timers to DLR (and California!)... we are going next week! YAY! My question is: Are there any attractions in DL/DCA that fasten between your legs? AND are there any rides where you risk flip-flops falling off? The reason I ask is because I am planning to wear some comfy dresses and probably my flip-flops a couple of the days we are there, but I don't want to be hindered on any attractions!

I've never had that problem at WDW, but I just want to check to make sure.

Oh wise DLR experts, please impart to me your knowledge! ;)

For flip flops, you might have problems on Soarin, Silly Symphony Swings, and Jumpin Jellyfish. That's all I can think of for that. There's nothing that fastens between your legs that I can think of, but on CA Screamin there is something that sits between your legs. I wear dresses to the park and have never had a problem.

Silly Symphony Swings fastens between your legs. But that's not one of the big iconic rides that you can't miss. You can probably bunch the dress up and get it buckled without it being too revealing.

Bike shorts are a big help at DLR -- for peace of mind, if nothing else. Just be aware that some of the ride vehicles that require big steps for entry and exit (e.g. RSR, Space, Splash, etc.) can be a little difficult in a short skirt if modesty is an issue. The bike shorts or a skort can help with that, too.

My daughters and I wear dresses and flip flops a lot while visiting the parks. No problems! For Silly Symphony swings I just sit on them! For Soarin I put them in the basket under the seat. Jumping Jellyfish is not that fast of a ride so I just wear them!
Have a magical time!

Another one that wears skirts without problems. I am generally in long skirts as its my general modesty comfort level. I ride the swings without any issues, just bring the skirt up to my knees to get the buckle where it goes. My biggest issue is usually making sure I don't trip over my skirt getting out of things (Matterhorn, Screamin', Space, Racers for instance). Like a previous person mentioned, I do wear shorts or leggings underneath. Some for warmth, and some for modesty when I invariably fall at some point.

I'd consider a pair of spandex if I wore a dress to the parks. I'm thinking about trying to climb down into the Matterhorn bobsleds in a dress and the picture is not pretty- admittedly I am a klutz.

Silly Symphony Swings fastens between your legs. But that's not one of the big iconic rides that you can't miss. You can probably bunch the dress up and get it buckled without it being too revealing.
I did every major ride at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in a full skirt on Dapper Day, and even carried a parasol all day. None of that kept me off any rides. I'm very modest, and had no issues with getting anything exposed in any way. I feel more comfortable in skirts than in pants in general, so I always wear skirts at the parks. I wear full skirts, which allow a lot of movement, usually around knee length or a bit longer, and I don't wear jean skirts or pencil skirts at the parks (too confining). I also never wear shorts underneath- that's just more than I want to wear and I've never had a problem without them.

We rode Silly Symphony Swings without incident. You might want to leave your flip flops on the ground for that one, though, and maybe also for Soarin'.

Last edited:
Highly recommend shorts of some sort to go underneath, I get mine from the Target intimates section, and they are extremely comfortable for full open-close park days. The only ride I have had an issue on is the carousel, I was able to sit side saddle pretty successfully, but the getting up and down was absolutely not graceful in any sense of the term.

Slip shirts for Target! They are awesome under dresses! I wear flip flops pretty much daily and they do make for sore feet and ankles with a big walking and standing day at the park. I've learned to only wear them on my half days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter