DLR Kids

I think I got accepted, but I missed the call. This was on Friday...so now I am waiting for another call lol. I am curious to see what role I got...I'll have to decline it anyways since I got accepted to WDW (I applied to both "just incase" but ended up getting into WDW, my first choice. But I got housekeeping :confused3 )

I wonder if they are doing calls today since it's a "holiday" but kind of a joke holiday

Welp, they ARE doing calls today :banana:

I got accepted to the DL program in Custodial (somehow I got custodial...even though she asked me like 10 questions about FSFB and I have been working in a restaurant FOREVER and grew up in the industry...after I had the interview I actually thought to myself "Well it looks like I am getting in. And to FSFB" haha but custodial somehow...)

Anyways, I told the girl who called me that I am going to have to decline the offer because I got into the WDW program and accepted that offer as it was my 1st choice location-wise...I live on the east coast so it's just much more possible to bring my car and have people come visit me etc.

I just declined my offer online. I had also requested housing and was granted housing for my program. Hopefully, this opens up a spot in the CP for someone who is waiting and allows someone who needs the housing to be able to do the DL CP to get it :grouphug:

Thanks! and you can take the "potential" out of your signature now. You're officially the real deal! Congrats! haha.

I still have not gotten a flippin' answer. Tomorrow I'm going to a presentation and I wanna talk to somebody about this.

Double congrats vicka...thanks for opening up a spot. ;)

Did they say anything Zoe? My girlfriend has been waiting for a response for the WDWCP since August 24th, I'm wondering when she'll get a response. I don't understand why they bother with the pending thing. 8 weeks is a long time to wait, especially in comparison to some people's 8 days.

In other news, I've been accepted as Custodial Busser for DLCP. I have until October 27th to decide. Very excited to have this opportunity. I haven't told anyone except you guys, yet. Thank you all for the tremendous help and support.

Did they say anything Zoe? My girlfriend has been waiting for a response for the WDWCP since August 24th, I'm wondering when she'll get a response. I don't understand why they bother with the pending thing. 8 weeks is a long time to wait, especially in comparison to some people's 8 days.

In other news, I've been accepted as Custodial Busser for DLCP. I have until October 27th to decide. Very excited to have this opportunity. I haven't told anyone except you guys, yet. Thank you all for the tremendous help and support.

oh a BIG congratulations on the acceptance into the dlrcp. you've waiting such a long time to do a cp. and you truely deserve this acceptance. and if you do decide to do the program at disneyland, i'm sure you'll have as much of a good time there as you would've in fl. hope you are able to get housing if you do go.

Hi! Thank you for making this thread!
My name is Cristabel and I'm attending the DCP recruitment presentation at CSUF next week. Any other titans on here?

I want to meet new people, too!

BIG TIME CONGRATS MAN!! :banana: Why doesn't your gf apply to DLR so you can be together? :lovestruc Trust me, I've been in a LDR for 4 years and it fricken sucks balls.

Anywho, I went to the presentation and the recruiter didn't say much. (I did win a purple Mickey pen though!) Nothing that I haven't heard before. Basically, they're getting a lot of applicants and it takes time. But what I would like to understand is, why do some ppl get accepted after a week and I'm still waiting after 6 weeks?? It must not take THAT much time if SO many ppl have been hearing so much sooner.

AHH a big big congratulations to you Cursed!!! I'm so happy for you, you deserve it so much and it's great that you're gonna get the opportunity you deserve! :yay:
Zoe I'm still rootin for ya! I hope you hear soon...I can't even imagine how much it must really stink. :[

Thank you so much. I'm getting into a seriously desperate phase where I'm temping to apply to WDW. I applied to DLR because my boyfriend lives in L.A. and we've been in a LDR for 4 years. I was really looking forward to being with him upon my graduation. If I go to WDW it will be another semester or more longer. I really have to get in SOMEWHERE because my lease on my apartment ends the same time as my graduation and I am still unemployed. I can't just move to Cali with no place and no job. I was thinking of living in a hotel for a while, but who knows how long I would find a job over there? even with a stupid college degree. What should I do?? I was thinking I could transfer to DLR after doing WDW since I'll be pursuing a 2nd degree (online) or just as a regular CM.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. It means so much to me, I can't even describe.

Zoe, I'd say apply to WDW. It doesn't hurt to have a back up plan.

and I'm hoping my girlfriend does apply to DLR. We were planning on doing WDW together. She's always wanted to go to CA so this would be a twofer for her. I'll tell her everything tonight.

Hi,

I've been accepted as a Entertainment Costumer for the Spring 2010 CP.

I'm currently waiting to accept (I have till the 28th), as I'm trying to find out if I'm still in the running for an MI at WDW (my top choice).

If I find out that I've been declined the position (I've already received a notice of some sort), then I'm going to SoCal for the first time in over 15 yrs. :eek:

Hi,

I've been accepted as a Entertainment Costumer for the Spring 2010 CP.

I'm currently waiting to accept (I have till the 28th), as I'm trying to find out if I'm still in the running for an MI at WDW (my top choice).

If I find out that I've been declined the position (I've already received a notice of some sort), then I'm going to SoCal for the first time in over 15 yrs. :eek:

Awesome! I've been to Cali twice in my life both for very short trips so this would be...crazy.

My girlfriend applied today. Setting up her interview tomorrow. I wonder if she'll start posting here again.

Awesome! I've been to Cali twice in my life both for very short trips so this would be...crazy.

My girlfriend applied today. Setting up her interview tomorrow. I wonder if she'll start posting here again.

Speaking of posting here..where did everyone go?? No one seems to be posting anymore (I guess that includes me too). Hopefully everyone has joined the fb group for DLCP Spring 2010 :rolleyes:

Yeah I check the Facebook group more often haha. I can't believe how fast the time is going... It seems like in no time the DCP will start :) Good luck to those of you that are still waiting or even just starting to interview!

This is the mid-term season so its understandable. I feel like time is going slow yet its going fast idk how to explain it. Basically my acct and econ classes are making it seem as if it is going to take forever to get to DLR. I just want to get there!

Yeah thankfully last week was the end of my midterms... All I can say is thank goodness this is my last semester of spanish lol I hated econ when I took it, so I can sympathize with you... GOOD LUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter