• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't offer anything new for waiting, I was told. They simply don't have any discounts available at this time apparently. However, if a discount becomes available, she said I could call to have that applied to our "now" balance.

So if you're paid in full, you wouldn't get a discount even if one becomes available because we have no now due balance? Am I understanding that correctly?

So if you're paid in full, you wouldn't get a discount even if one becomes available because we have no now due balance? Am I understanding that correctly?
No, my understanding was that IF a discount becomes available, we can call at that time and ask to have it applied. Our has been paid since January, and keeps moving, but this new balance I'm just going to leave on their until payment is due in November. I always find it personally easier for businesses to take off of a remaining total, then to refund.

If anyone is looking for a splurge in Anaheim don’t assume JW is out of reach cost wise. With no DLR rates seem low for luxury hotel (to me but I don’t know much about luxury hotel pricing 😆 ) so it might be an affordable yet splurgy staycation for the right person right now!

Agreed! My JW Marriott stay in Vegas some years ago was one of the best hotels I had ever stayed at!!!

If anyone is looking for a splurge in Anaheim don’t assume JW is out of reach cost wise. With no DLR rates seem low for luxury hotel (to me but I don’t know much about luxury hotel pricing 😆 ) so it might be an affordable yet splurgy staycation for the right person right now!

When things get better and the parks open back up, check out their rewards program if you know you might have a big trip coming up. They often have specials to sign up with their card and get 50-100,000 points if you spend a certain amount in a certain time frame. It got me three free nights right off the bat because of a big trip to DC.

So WHEN things get better, what is the expected path of reopening? I am not in California, and not familiar with the requirements enough to anticipate what exactly will be good news! I’d there an anticipated timeline...once again WHEN things improve? I just wonder what statements I need to look forward to!

I have been hearing of people who are moving their dates and MaxPass is being removed from their tickets. I just called to change my Sep 1 reservations. I am now in November as a placeholder until they open 2021 and then I'll move to next summer. I kept (for now) the $50 per night resort credit and MaxPass stayed on my reservation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter