• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME Package only now?

Doubtful. Disney WANTS you to take DME to WDW. That way you're on property and can't easily leave! It's marketing genius.

Exactly. And I've also been told that the City of Orlando (or the state or the county, I dunno) asked them to start this service to alleviate road congestion coming in and out of the airport. DME takes SO Many cars off the roads on the way to and from the airport.

I was just looking at some offers for a trip later this year and noticed that it says under Flights that you can only add those if you book a package.
I wonder if you are looking at Flights and not Ground Transportation when you got that message?
See below on the image here, it says it here too

full

I was just looking at some offers for a trip later this year and noticed that it says under Flights that you can only add those if you book a package.
I wonder if you are looking at Flights and not Ground Transportation when you got that message?
See below on the image here, it says it here too

full

The image isn't showing up for me but I did have a hunch that OP was simply looking at the incorrect section for DME.

This is what it says on the screen if I do a discounted room only...

Flight
To add a flight, you must first have a Magic Your Way Package (room and theme park tickets).

Ground Transportation
Enjoy complimentary motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your hotel with Disney’s Magical Express Service. Or, add a car rental from Alamo®.

This is what it says on the screen if I do a discounted room only...

Flight
To add a flight, you must first have a Magic Your Way Package (room and theme park tickets).

Ground Transportation
Enjoy complimentary motorcoach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your hotel with Disney’s Magical Express Service. Or, add a car rental from Alamo®.
So AngiTN is right. The OP is looking at "Flights" but reading it as "Ground Transportation."

If for some reason the OP's reservation screen is displaying exactly what they say, then it's a glitch - despite nobody else being able to replicate it - and they will need to call DME or use the separate booking site, both of which are provided in this thread.
Yea, I found it weird. But anyways something I wouldn't put past Disney. You have discount, no DME for you. No package, no DME for you. All the while saying they are decoupling offerings and charging for them to provide a better service for their guests.
No. Magical Express is a no-charge transportation option. Disney is not going to charge guests for it, no matter what percent of rack rate the guest is paying. Period. It's no comparable to Food & Wine.

The image isn't showing up for me but I did have a hunch that OP was simply looking at the incorrect section for DME.
Thanks for letting me know about the image. I tried using the DisBoard photo hosting just to try it out and I guess I didn't get a setting right on it. I'll go back to Photobucket for mine, since mine is still working fine. For now

I'll go back to Photobucket for mine, since mine is still working fine. For now

LUCKY!!!

Last year I did a cruise review on another site when we went to Alaska and included lots of pics. Yep I used photobucket. Now I have a review with no pics!!!

sorry for hijacking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter