Do All Cat 4 Rooms Sleep 5?

SamR

DIS Veteran
Most descriptions that I have read for the Category 4 Family Stateroom state that it "Sleeps 4 (some sleep 5)". The Passporter guide even has a table that lists each stateroom number, with the associated category and capacity, and it shows many of the Cat 4 rooms as only sleeping 4.

I submitted a quote request to Dreams Unlimited for a 4-night cruise on the Wonder next June for my family of 5, and they responded with a quote for room 8554...That all sounds fine, except that the Passporter guide lists 8554 as sleeping only 4. (My quote request does make it clear that we are a party of five, listing all names, as well as the ages of my three children.) From what I have read, all Cat 4 rooms are the same size from a square footage perspective...Do some lack the extra twin bed (or the pull-down berth) that allows the fifth person?

I have read so many good things about DU that I am inclined to trust them, although I will ask them to confirm the capacity before I plunk down the deposit. In the meantime, I was curious as to whether anyone here has encountered the same "5 vs. 4" room capacity issue for Cat 4 staterooms.

Dreams and DCL CAN'T book you into a room that holds 4 people, so you're in a room that holds 5. I've read MANY reports of the Passporter having many errors when listing the capacity of each rooom.

Dreams and DCL CAN'T book you into a room that holds 4 people...
Thanks, Lori. I'm assuming that means that the reservation system (which apparently requires them to input all guests' names, even those of the children) verifies that the occupancy level is appropriate. I was hoping that was the case.
I've read MANY reports of the Passporter having many errors when listing the capacity of each rooom.
That is very interesting to hear, especially since the description of that table notes that there are discrepancies between that table and Disney's brochure, but that the Passporter table should be more accurate. Apparently neither source is reliable as far as room capacity is concerned.

Thanks for asking Sam. I've got the same situation for our cruise during Halloween 2004. My TA assured me that Disney can't book five people into a room that only sleeps four.

Take a look at the following pictures of a category 4 stateroom. I'm sure they are all about the same configuration.

http://home.att.net/~pete-williams/magic/sr-pics.htm

The room in the picture shows it will sleep five. The brochures just don't show the pull down bed over the single sofa bed.

If you own a PassPorter, you can get an update on these pages...
Thanks, Dave! That is just what the doctor ordered. I'm a big PassPorter fan, so I should have known that Jennifer & Dave would move quickly to rectify any inaccuracies. And yes, the updated page does show my room as sleeping five.
biggthumpup.gif

Take a look at the following pictures of a category 4 stateroom. I'm sure they are all about the same configuration.
That has been one point of curiosity. DCL says that some sleep 4 and some sleep 5, so I was wondering what the difference was. According to the updated PassPorter page, almost all of the Cat 4 rooms sleep 5 (which was not the case before the page was updated). The one or two that do not are connecting rooms.

By the way, Jamashp, thanks for the link to the pictures of the Cat 4. I had not yet seen a picture that showed the sofa converted into a bed and the upper berth deployed. Neat! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter