Do I need to take the DC Beltway after 7pm?

Mark P.

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We're leaving tomorrow early evening, and that should get us to the DC area around 7-8pm, and was wondering if it's easier to just continue straight through, or should I still take use the Beltway at that time? How much longer time-wise is the Beltway, too?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand your question. What are you considering as your route? Keep in mind that half of the beltway (the Maryland side of I-495) actually IS I-95, and you would take that South. You definitely don't want to go directly through DC.

I'm guessing that you'll be taking 95S from NJ to Florida???

Sorrry Wiggle, yes we'll be on I95 traveling from NJ. Sounds like it's best to just use the Beltway regardless of the time, huh?

Thanks!

Yeah, stick to I-95. By 7 or 8, you'll be safe. Listen to FM 107.7 (or is it 107.5??? - it's the FM broadcast for an AM all-talk station) for traffic on the 8's. The have traffic reports going all day and night.

Have a safe trip, and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter