Do I really need to call my guide....

Robo-Daddy 3000

DIS Veteran
...to let him know that we are interested in adding on at GCV?

We are thinking of a 50-75 point add on but I figure there will be an announcement as to when points will go on sale to members and then I can decide. Does calling my guide now really matter?

I would like to see the points chart, and/or at least get some idea about the room designs. I've never seen a 2-bedroom equivalent villa before. Just wondering, is there such a thing as a 1br equivalent villa?!? ;)

You can call your guide now if you want them to know that you are interested. My guide says he has no info on GCV other than what was announced so there aren't any points charts or anything else to look at now for that matter. I let my guide know I was interested so he would send something to me whenever they do have info for us.

Isn;t a 2 br equivalent the same as a 2 br lockoff?

Isn;t a 2 br equivalent the same as a 2 br lockoff?

I'm really not sure if a 2br equivalent is the same as a 2br lockoff. Maybe it is the "same" only in the sense that it sleeps the "same" number of people but I'm really not certain.

It probably isn't necessary - I'm sure they'll send out info to all of us regardless. And the info will be posted here before that! But we needed to call our guide about something else, so decided to go ahead and mention that we're very interested and we'd like info as soon as she gets it. We're pretty excited about it!

I sm hoping that alot of calls to guides prior to sales may spur Disney to decide to build more DVC units in the extension and less standard rooms.

When I talked to my guide last week, she said that they have a code in the computer for people who are interested. I assume that this is so that they know who to target the initial offering to. (the low hanging fruit)

By calling, you are not making any commitment, just letting them know that you may be interested. You of course will have an opportunity to take a look at point charts and any restrictions before you sign anything. (and then still will have a period of time to back out if you have any buyer's remorse)

When I talked to my guide last week, she said that they have a code in the computer for people who are interested. I assume that this is so that they know who to target the initial offering to. (the low hanging fruit)

That's it. You convinced me. I want to be one of the low hanging fruit! :banana:

I'll be giving my guide a call today.

I wondered the same thing, so I think a call to our guide is in order! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Rumor is that the wait list is now quite long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter