Do resort buses bypass the ferry and monorail?

Binxymarie

Earning My Ears
Hello everybody,

We recently stayed on Disney property and chose to drive our personal vehicle to and from the parks. My question is, If you have taken the bus to Magic Kingdom from your resort, where does it drop you off?
Do you get to bypass the parking lot tram along with having to choose either a ferry or monorail and instead get dropped off at the main entrance where bag checks are?

Looking for answers in hopes to save us time on our next trip. I thought we were better off taking our own vehicle... but I feel like now that it's said and done it would of been better to just use Disney busing.

For MK, resort buses are the best bet. The bus stops are in-between the ferry docks and the Contemporary. This is the one park we always use the bus as I hate doing both the parking lot tram AND the monorail or ferry.

generally you're never better off taking your own car to MK.
the buses go around the seven seas lagoon and drop off at the main entrance so that you don't have to waste time taking the monorail or ferry.
although there was one time that half of my group kinda got screwed over.
it was quite crowded once and there was a disney bus and a mears bus taking people to MK from POP.
half of my party was able to fit on the disney bus but the rest of us had to go on the mears bus and they dropped us off at the TTC!
that was only one time ever though!

my family actually prefers to take disney transportation to and from all disney world locations because you can sit back and relax and not be stressed out by traffic and hwo to get to the parks.

Yes, taking the bus to the MK can save you some time. Just be careful not to leave the MK at the end of the day with everyone else or you may have a long wait at the bus stop for a bus back to your resort. We still prefer to drive to all the parks when DH and I both go, though I use Disney transportation when I go solo.

fyi, if you happen to be using a taxi, uber, lyft, etc consider the contemporary as the destination as it's walking distance (and not that much further than the last bus stop all the way in the back.) A good driver will understand (drop me off in the lot near the street so I can just walk to MK).

it was quite crowded once and there was a disney bus and a mears bus taking people to MK from POP.
half of my party was able to fit on the disney bus but the rest of us had to go on the mears bus and they dropped us off at the TTC!
The Mears driver must have been confused. Outside buses that are taking Guests to MK under contract to Disney can drop off at the MK. The luxury coaches just have to stay out of the northern loop, due to low clearance under the monorail beam.

I still drive in. Getting in is fine. But we inevitably are in the second to last stop from the very end, and then we tend to have to wait for at least 2 buses to go before it's our turn. ALL I want to do at the end of the day is get "home" quickly, and I would rather be in motion than standing there. So I like the ferry to the TTC then walking to the car (I think I've been far enough away for the tram to make sense once) and just going.

And, frankly, the ferry is closer to the bag check lines than the bus stops. Not sure about distance with monorail entrance (we rarely take it to the MK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter