Do resorts sell spray sunscreen, and if so, any idea of cost?

Bellex917

Mouseketeer
We will be there next week and I can't pack it bc we are only taking carry ons. I don't need anything else so it seems silly to ship just this from Amazon, I realistically probably only need 2 bottles for the trip so if it's a slight upcharge, I'm ok with it. Any idea if the resorts sell it, and if so, what it costs? We are staying at SSR and Poly.

Sorry. Can’t remember exact price but daughter bought a large sun spray (think at BWV Screen Door or BCV Marketplace….we were staying on Crescent Lake area) and it definitely was several dollars over buying it at home. More than I thought it would be.

If you’re Prime with free shipping, I definitely think Amazon is the way to go. Have ordered one item numerous times. They could care less.

Could you bring sunscreen in stick form in your carry on? Wouldn’t that bypass the TSA liquid rules?

I believe it’s $14 for one spray can.
The resorts do sell it, but sometimes they sell out so if one doesn’t carry it, try another.

This is the selection at the Poly currently but there we no price stickers and the line was too long for me to check but at least you can see what brands they have. I’d assume they would have a similar selection at Saratoga.

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpeg
    IMG_5981.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 33
If you don't want to include it as part of a grocery delivery (Instacart, Walmart):

a) Maybe they sell it at the airport.

b) www.TurnerDrug.com delivered to Disney hotels long before other delivery services became popular. But currently their website shows that they have sunscreen but you need to call to find out what's in stock, and it doesn't say what the delivery fee is.

c) Walgreens has TV commercials where I live, saying that they now deliver. I don't know if they do in the Orlando area.

d) You could order from CVS or Walgreens or Walmart or Target and have it shipped to the hotel, but Amazon probably is cheaper if you're going to go that route.

If the hotel doesn't have the spray-on style, are you willing to use lotion instead? If not, you should have a backup plan in mind so nobody gets sunburned.

Last edited:
Also, I'm copying and pasting this info that I posted in another thread. If you have something shipped or delivered to a Disney hotel, you may be charged a fee. If you can find what you want in the hotel gift shop but you think it would be cheaper to order it, you need to keep these fees in mind.

You can order non-food items from amazon and have the items shipped to your Disney hotel, but you don't know what method Amazon will use for sending the item to you.

If you are staying in a Disney hotel which has a convention center attached, and the item arrives by UPS or FedEx, it will go to the convention center business office. The convention center business office is run by an outside company which will charge you a fee:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

If it arrives by USPS, it will go to a central delivery location first, and then will be taken to the front desk of your hotel. This process may result in a delay. Disney is supposed to charge you a fee, although people on occasion have reported that they were not charged:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

If it arrives in an Amazon van, I'm not sure how it will be treated. If it is considered a delivery, like a grocery delivery, it will go to Bell Services. If you pick it up yourself at Bell Services, there is not supposed to be a fee. If you have Bell Services bring it to your room, Disney is supposed to charge you a fee, although people on occasion have reported that they were not charged. Same link as above.

Apparently All Star Music has its own rules. Same link as above.

By the way, hotel confirmation number is not necessary [for the shipping label], and I doubt you will have room to fit it in the shipping address. By the time you get in
Hotel Name
Hold for Guest [your name]
street address
city, state, zip

There probably won't be room to fit in anything more.

My problem when we bought spray sunscreen at our resort wasn't the (expected) upcharge. It was only having Coppertone which I found very greasy.

PHXscuba

I bought a full size bottle of spray suntan lotion back in May at Epcot - assuming it would be the same price at the resorts. I think it was like $11-12. I didn't think it was outrageous compared to prices in my home city but it's not like getting it on sale at Walmart lol. If you only need the one thing then it's not crazy and I wouldn't worry about the price. If you can use more stuff like water for the room then a grocery delivery is nice (I always use Amazon Fresh but not sure they have suntan lotion).

Target stores have a wall of travel-size products that you can buy and bring in your carry-on baggage. I have seen Banana Boat sunscreen both in spray and lotion formats.
That's what we always bring. My Scottish-ancestry husband, whose skin burns in moments (like a movie vampire!) in the sun, fills almost his entire 3-1-1 bag 4 or 5 travel-sized spray-on sunscreen whenever we go to WDW. They run around $2-$3 each (for the larger 2-3 oz. sizes) in the Target travel-size product aisle. Even though he applies it liberally, at least twice a day, he always has extra left over at the end of the trip. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter