Do the blood pressure tests really work at walmart?

First-timer

DIS Veteran
ok so im waiting for my prescription to be done and my dd 16 decides to take the test..... she did fine but then she talks me into it and it says i have high blood pressure i think it said border line hypertention..... what exacty cause high blood pressure?? im only 37 and 127 pounds ...thanks vicki

First-timer said:
ok so im waiting for my prescription to be done and my dd 16 decides to take the test..... she did fine but then she talks me into it and it says i have high blood pressure i think it said border line hypertention..... what exacty cause high blood pressure?? im only 37 and 127 pounds ...thanks vicki

They can be very accurate or REALLY inaccurate. It depends if the machine has been calibrated lately. I routinely check mine whenever I go to the Target pharmacy and I find it to be accurate. There was one time I got a really low reading though and I've chalked it up to the machine being 'off.'

Lots of factors play into high blood pressure: mostly it is heredity (especially when you see it in a thin person). A lot of it is related to diet too: how much fast food you eat, etc, and how much you exercise.

My blood pressure is totally normal but even when I exercise and eat well, I can see a drop in it.

my doctor told me to stay away from the store machines......I bought one and it is here and I can take it when I am at ease.......sometimes you walk fast into the store and then to the pharmacy and that tends to make your pressure go up too......so calm and cool

First-timer said:
what exacty cause high blood pressure?? vicki

Teenage daughters!!! :rolleyes:

I would not get too concerned with a store machine. Next physical, make sure someone at the doc's checks you. If you are too high, they will let you know. :)

I would take the store machines w/ a grain of salt.

However, a friend was taking a stop smoking aid.
Happened to check his blood pressure at one of the pharm counter free one. It was thru the roof,
and it caused him to go see his medical doc.
He's on meds and doing well.

I think they can help you as an alert, but I wouldn't rely on them.
Get to a docs office to be certain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter