Do the Parks have Premium Parking??

Thinking

Mouseketeer
We're not staying at a Disney resort and was wondering if the parks had a premium parking option to minimize the hassle.

Any info is appreciated

There is no 'Premium Parking' - but if you have AAA, there is up close parking at Magic Kingdom and Epcot (you still have to pay the $6 for it). Just ask at the Toll Plaza for the AAA parking - you can try at Studios and Animal Kingdom, but last time I asked they didn't have it there because of lack of parking (ie the lots are too small).

-Kim

I'm not positive but I think you have to have the AAA Diamond Parking Pass to park in those spots. You'll have to buy your admission or a vacation package from AAA to get one. Seems like each branch is different, too. One branch in my area gives them with the Park Hoppers, one only gives them if you book through AAA, and another handed it to me just for asking.

You need a pass for the AAA lounge at MK - but you only need to have AAA to park in those lots. I have no sticker on my car, and just ask where it is at the Toll Plaza and park there - no pass needed.

-Kim

I have used the AAA diamond lot parking pass before but no one actually wanted to see it & you don't need to leave it on the dash board or anything.

My wife has a AAA membership, so this sounds like this could be a good option.

Are there AAA lots in both MK and MGM?

Are they closer to the gates?

I looked on my AAA state site (NY) and it doesn't indicate anything on the parking, though it does mention the AAA locations inside the parks -- though there is no mention of a need to get a pass -- simply having a membership card is good enough.

I've parked at the AAA in Magic kingdom and it is a mixed blessing as there is no tram service there (as best as I could determine). Yes, it is closer to the T&TC but you have to walk there (you go under the bridge). It isn't too long a walk but it is not just across the street either. So if you want to really minimize walking, go with regular parking & the tram. If you don't mind about a 5-10 minute walk (and no waiting for a tram), go with AAA.

And in case you were wondering.....Universal/IOA does have premium parking for an extra couple bucks. The last time we used it, it was worth it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter