• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the parks have special parade viewing areas for ECV's?

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
Still trying to get all my ducks in aow for the trip with Dad. Do the parks have areas for ECV folks to view parades?

Is there more disability info on WDW website? I browsed a bit and didn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

You can park the EVC in the wc area. There are restrictions on how many people can stay with you, but since I go with my dh and am thus a party of 2, I don't know this off the top of my head. You will notice on the maps that there's a symbol for the wc parade viewing areas. They can fill up, so you do still need to arrive early.

:wave: Cupcake

Last trip we were a group of 6, and the 5 of us were able to accompany my mother in viewing area. I believe that was the max.

How many depends on how busy it is when you go. Also how large the area is. At MGM, the parade viewing areas are pretty little and you might be asked to limit to the person with a wheelchair/ecv plus one other.
They could allow a party of 6 when it's a really slow time. We have been there during Spring break when they allowed our whole party of 4 plus DD in her wheelchair and then told us that if it got too full, they would ask all but one person (plus DD) to leave. We have also been there when we were told from the beginning that only DD and one other person would be allowed.

But, sometimes you are better off just parking by the curb. Some of the wheelchair parade areas are right in the sun. Since you often have to wait at some of the smaller wheelchair areas quite a while if you want a spot, that can get awfully hot. In those cases, you are often better being out of the wheelchair area where you can find shade. So, consult your maps before the parade to see where the spots are and figure out if you want to wait there in the sun.

When we were there in Jun/Jul 04 we were travelling with both my daughter (who always uses her wheelchair) and my MIL who rented an ECV. There were 11 of us waiting to watch Spectro at MK. They let us all stay together except my nephew in the stroller - no strollers allowed in the handicapped viewing area we were told by the CM. So my SIL found a place right next to the viewing area for her and my nephew. So if you are travelling with a stroller along with your dad you might not be able to stay together in the viewing area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter