Do you ever go back to the College you went to?

Do you ever go back to your College?

• Total voters
I was one of those students who moved to Madison, WI to go to the University of Wisconsin and never left. We live only a couple miles away and visit the university several times a year. We enjoy hanging out at the Memorial Union's Terrace on the lake in the summer and we have football season tickets. I am also now taking a class at the university through the Senior Auditor's program (it's free!) so I'm on campus twice a week now.

I didn’t go to college. But I’m an alumni in law. My husband went to the university of Illinois undergrad and Harvard law. We live about 3 hours from champaign and have season tickets for football plus we are members of the U of I foundation and have two scholarships. So we go back all the time and bleed orange and blue for football and basketball. He’s also gone back to Cambridge for law school reunions a few times.

Yep. I spent years in grad school at the same university. Both kids went to it as well for undergraduate and grad school. DS even worked for the university for a couple of years after his masters.

Yes, about half a dozen times for various events, but the last visit was about 25 years ago. I graduated in 1983. Rutgers-New Brunswick, NJ.
If you do go back, bring a map. After about a 40 year absence I drove through there a couple of years ago. I was a science major so spent a lot of time on Busch and Livingston campuses. There were so many new buildings I didn’t recognize the place. I went looking for the dorm where I was a preceptor/resident assistant for two years and almost couldn’t find it. I hope to go back after classes are done and walk around and really explore.

Grad school: I went to grad school at UMaine, and as that's where I now work, yes, I go back to campus- five days a week!

Undergrad: I got my degree from Cornell, and I've been back a few times. After graduating, I went to UMaine for grad school where I met now-DH. When we graduated from grad school, he went on for his PhD at Syracuse. I still had friends at Cornell/in Ithaca, so I went back to campus a bunch of times during the 5 years we lived in Syracuse. I've since been back when I took DD on a college tour.

Associate's degree: I got my AAS (three of them) at a small ag/vo-tech school. It was a high school with a 2 year post-grad degree program. It's next to my hometown, and my brother taught there for about 10 years, so I've been back quite a bit. I love to roam through the barns and remember being young, and I went to most of the open houses that the school had (my bro was a chef in the culinary program, and they always put on a big display for open house).

Went once a few years after graduation while visiting the area, and met up with a college friend who still lived there. Didn’t go back until about 30 years later, when touring colleges with DS. (He liked it, but chose another school.) It’s a 6+ hour drive. Small state college in a rural area, no big sports.

There were a few things I went back for after graduating; so Ever - Yes. Otherwise not in a long while

Nope never. I moved 300 miles away, got married, and owned 3 different homes and somehow they still manage to find me to send me their magazine and "alumni giving" pleas. Impressive.
Fortunately my university lost track of me when I moved in 1998. Before than they managed to find me a few times.

If you do go back, bring a map. After about a 40 year absence I drove through there a couple of years ago. I was a science major so spent a lot of time on Busch and Livingston campuses. There were so many new buildings I didn’t recognize the place. I went looking for the dorm where I was a preceptor/resident assistant for two years and almost couldn’t find it. I hope to go back after classes are done and walk around and really explore.
I have no doubt. Even during my last visit so much had changed. My freshman dorm had been torn down and replaced with more modern suites. Plenty of additional new buildings plus the football stadium had been replaced with a new one.

I live near Berkeley so it certainly makes a lot of sense. I used to go to a lot more events until I got married and had a family. Rarely go today. But I still go on campus at least several times a year even if there's nothing special going on.

Weird timing! Just this morning I started making plans to take younger son a college visit to where I went. I've been back to the town it's in 2x since I left there, but I don't think I've been on campus.

I graduated in 2004 with my undergrad. Went back the next year when some of my friends graduated. Then it wasn't until I took two or three tours with some of my high school students. We had received a grant and had money to pay to transport kids to several different colleges.

I completed my master's degree online and never set foot on the main campus. Only went a couple of times to a smaller campus to pick up and return textbooks

I didn’t go to college. But I’m an alumni in law. My husband went to the university of Illinois undergrad and Harvard law. We live about 3 hours from champaign and have season tickets for football plus we are members of the U of I foundation and have two scholarships. So we go back all the time and bleed orange and blue for football and basketball. He’s also gone back to Cambridge for law school reunions a few times.
Is it hard for non season ticket holders to get a ticket to a single game or is it pretty easy?

A few times but never for an event for me.

A few times for Cross Country meets (they have a great course) when my DS was running in HS and then again a few times so far with him Coaching. Then he decided to get his Masters there so I went with him to get his ID etc to wander the campus (much changed since I was there), hit the book store and bought a couple shirts.

I went to college for school only, did not live there and had no interest in extra curriculars (I worked full time so school was a night thing). There is no alum draw for me.

Yes. Pretty much annually. We go with my DS to watch an Illini basketball game. Going in a few weeks.

I've been back to campus a few times- my college had a professional theater housed on campus, and I've gone to a few shows since graduating. But my college no longer exists; it was sold to a much larger school a few years ago. I'll probably walk through campus again at some point, but don't really see much in going back, considering it's a whole different school now, and the new school has not been very welcoming of alumni of my school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter