• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever go without PS?

Snoopymom

DIS Veteran
Please forgive me if this has been asked a zillion times!

We may be going to the parks (for free which I'm ecstatic about) with a relative who is a CM, therefore we will be going on her 'schedule' which means I have no idea which parks on what days, etc.

We will be going at a very slow time in Sept, so is there a chance that we could make a PS on the morning of.

We'd like to try Chef Mickey's or Liberty Tree Tavern, and Sci-Fi, and I'd LOVE to drop ds off at Camp Dolphin so that we could have a nice evening watching Illuminations from the Rose & Crown, but now that's probably wishful thinking, LOL!

I am incredibly grateful, but I'm also having hard time giving up itinerary control, LOL, especially with all the knowledge I've gained from these boards.

Thanks a bunch!

We've been going to WDW for years, and had NEVER made a PS anywhere until this past April. We have been in May, September, December, January, April...and never had a problem. Of course, we weren't trying to get CRT...but sounds like you aren't, either. I would think in September you would be able to get the restaurant you wanted, even if you had to take whatever time they will give you. We DID make PSs for our upcoming trip (also in September), but that was more because DH has decided it is "fun" to make PSs at the 90 day mark. Plus, we did want CRT and PSB this time, and also wanted to choose our times (relatively speaking) for other meals. Enjoy your "free" trip!

We have been at all times of the year and only make PS for CA Grill and the day of any holiday we are there. We always just call when we are down there etiher the day of or the day before. If we are at EPCOT we sometimes go to the restaurant earlier in the day to make them for that evening. I have no idea how people plan them all out, I would never in a million years do that.

You will be just fine.

We just got back and the only PS I made was for CP breakfast. We were able to get into Le Cellier for lunch (got there about 2:15 and only waited about 15 min. for a table), and Garden Grill for dinner (went right at 5 pm when they start seating for dinner and were seated within 10 minutes). I just didn't want to be tied down to an itinerary linked to where we had PS's. It worked out fine for us.

If you really want to goto one of those I would make PS for the time you think you may be able to go for. Just so you do have it. If not going the morning of directly to the restaurant to make a ps or just calling the day of may also work out for you. Usually at the LTT or Sci-Fi you can get a table depending on the size of your party and time of day without a problem. But, because Chef Mickey's is a character meal it tends to fill up fast. Good Luck

Wow, that's so great to hear!!!! I will go with the flow then! Now I'm really excited! Thanks so much for the quick responses.

If you have your heart set on Rose & Crown you might want to call Disney Dining anyway to make sure it's open. They were doing renovations on the pub (it was closed) when we were there a few weeks back so not sure what's going on with the restaurant. I also know it fills up pretty good before Illuminations. You might just want to make a PS for everynight and then you can always cancel if you see you can't make it.

September is usually pretty slow so you will probably not have problems getting into MOST places without PSs. CMS though may be an exception, that is always a tough one unless you can wait. LTT may also get busy. It can't hurt to just make "tentative" PSs, you can always cancel
:D

If it is a sit down restaurant I always make PS reservations the first day that I can. If I want to eat there I make sure that I can get in.

Last year we went during a slow time of year and the sci-fi dine in had a long wait. 2 hours I believe and they started turning people away, but I got right in after about 10 minutes because I had PS reservations.

This is gadisneygirl again, but my husband is signed in, and I didn't feel like logging off and signing back in...where in GA are you? We're in Macon now, but have also lived in SW GA (where we are both from), Atlanta, and Savannah. Always good to see more GA folks!

Thanks everyone. We're pretty flexible and since we've only done Ohana's, anywhere new will be fine with us. Maybe I can steer our next phone conversation in the direction of character meals and a schedule without sounding pushy! Who knows, maybe they'll appreciate us knowing what we want to do???

Hey Gadisneygirl,

We're from Grayson GA which is about 20 miles NE of Atlanta. You know you're here when you run into the sea of red pick up trucks adorned with anything UGA, lol!

I've only recently become a huge WDW fan since getting our foster-to-adopt son at two years old (he just turned 4). Having him come into our lives has been the most incredible experience and seeing him run into Baloo's Arms at AK and lead the parade with Goofy around O'hana's are my most priceless memories....what makes all the planning and $$$ worth it. I feel fortunate to live close enough to take a few short trips a year and I love saving things to do for next time or for when it's cooler out, etc.

I don't see a lot of GA people here. I wonder if it's because some take it for granted that it is so close and therefore think they can go anytime but never do. Anyway, it's nice to meet another Gagirl!

I stopped making PS's months in advance on my last two trips. I have made PS's in the am from the resort and have always been able to get in around the time I wanted. I travel in May, so the crowds are moderate.

I will say however, that walk-up seating can be difficult in the evening. I will probably only make PS's for special occasions from now on. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter