• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you go to desig.parks on EE days?

Beccabooey

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone -- I'm in need of your expertise...

My boyfriend and I are going the first week of Oct. (6-11) and was planning the visit the parks this way:

Monday - Epcot - countries (arrive, so we only have 1/2 day)
Tues. - Epcot (future world)
Wed. - MK
Thurs. - MGM
Fri. - AK
Sat. - going home... (sniff...sniff...)

Is it wise to go to the other parks on not go on EE days? I've read that sometimes everyone goes to the designated parks on EE days and that it's best to go to the other ones on those days, if that makes sense. We certainly don't mind getting up early, so if you think EE is the way to go, please advise (I'll need to change PS's!)

Thanks so much -- happy planning!

We usually steer clear of the designated EE parks & it works for us. If you are happy with your PS's, I'd keep your plan the way it is. Also, I think it's a good idea to go to AK the last day as it closes early & you may be able to head back to one of the other parks that night!

:wave: Have a Great Trip! :wave:

We always avoid EE parks on that day. I find the other parks much less crowded and more enjoyable!!!

We go to EE days for about 3-4 hours. Then we break and go to a different park. We find we get the best rides done this way!

We almost always go to the EE/EMH park and then leave and go someplace else late morning if things get too crowded

That early morning time is worth it

Thanks
jaysue

I haven't been too many times, but my best memories all come from early entry times in the off-season. I loved getting to ride all the rides in Fantasyland then catching the opening of Toontown. Also, being on the first elevator up the ToT was fun. I walked right back up and rode it again. Or riding the Safari first thing while the animals are out eating their breakfast.

That said, it can affect the crowd levels by mid-morning, so just be flexible and leave the park if it becomes a drag. Disney transportation makes it really easy to switch between parks.

The whole rest of the year, I struggle to get out of bed. At WDW, my DW laughs because I'm the one waking everyone else. Those early hours in the parks are just that great to me.

We always do the early openings. We find the early mornings lots of fun and get to ride all our favorite attractions. Lines have never been an issue for us. When things start to get busy, we scoot back to the resort for lunch or a swim or skip to another park. We never plan full days at any of the parks. We plan where we want to be each morning and then park hop to another in the afternoon and evening. Whatever you do, have fun on your trip! You are almost there! :)

I always do early entry, even during slower times of the year, for a few reasons. You get to ride some of the best attractions with little to no wait. You get to really soak up the different parks before it's flooded with people. I love strolling down Main Street USA, listening to the soft music playing in the background and looking up at the windows on the upper floors, then seeing the castle. The same thing with the other parks. I typically split my days in the parks. I will go to the EE park and stay until about 1pm, then head back to my resort for a break. After, I'll head to a different resort. Breaks up the day.

Make sure to go to MNSSHP while your there!!
:jester: :smooth:

I love EE! It gives me an extra hour to be in the parks. I usually go during offseason so crowds are rarely a problem. But.....if it does get crowded I just hop over to another park. I usually like to park hop in the mid-afternoon anyway. Variety is a good thing. I wouldn't imagine that you have too much to worry about as far as crowds go in October anyway. You'll have a great time!

Beccabooey,

The advice you're getting here - if you go, go early and be prepared to leave the park when it get's crazy - is good advice. The only thing I'll add is that various rumours / quoted CMs suggest that, in October, the on-site resorts are going to be busier (due to FTP). While this doesn't mean that the parks will be busier (I think that FTP simply shifted off-siters to on-site) it DOES mean that EE will be even busier. We'll find out, as we leave for WDW on WEDNESDAY (WOO HOO)!

Have a great trip!

We went right after 9/11 and they stopped the EE. Wow - what a difference for us! I missed that early hour so much. You get tons done and WDW is so pretty in the early morning. Everything is so clean and peaceful. Yes - peaceful!!!

We always plan two parks a day. We try for the EE park, then leave around noon time. We go in the off season so the EE morning is usually even more empty.

If you decide to change, I'll bet you could just switch around the dates of your PS's and still go to the same restaurants.

Have fun!

To EE Park we arrive early early early so we can be in first few hundred guests to be amitted.Then when crowd starts to build we jump to any other non EE park.:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter