Do you hear what I hear?

J.Cooper

I need a vacation<br><font color="red">Been flying
I'm curious if all you disneylovers get the same feedback I do. DH and I love vacationing in Disney. I've been about 4 times. We try to go every year or every other year. Just curious if you hear the same flack I do from friends or co-workers asking why do you all keep going back to the same place. That is stupid! blah, blah, blah. You know the usual. So I always get involved in this debate explaining why we like returning to Disney. We would rather spend our hard earned money returning to places we know we love. This way you are guaranteed a good time! I don't understand why people love to voice there opinion so much when they aren't paying for your vacation. So what we like to travel to Disney often. We enjoy it. I'm not complaining. DH says it's just jealousy. Just wondering if you all get the same feedback?

I do - I also get asked if I'm ever going to grow up!

I really got flack for including Disneyland Paris when I went to Paris in 2002!

I get these comments often from certain people. They can't imagine that you can actually have a different vacation experience each time you go to WDW. If I come back and describe a great new restaurant or demonstration I saw about gardening or cooking, for example, and I tell them it was at WDW I get this .... :snooty: If they feel that way, too bad but it's their opinion. Maybe I don't want to spend my vacation in stuffy old museums or just sitting outside at a Cafe and talking Philosophy about life while doing nothing with my life other than talk. Hey, to each his own.

I'm retired and have been fortunate enough to do a fair amount of traveling the past two years. I have enjoyed going other places but I always kind of dread the other trips when it's not to WDW. Honestly I always feel like "Oh I'd rather stay at home" but never with WDW. And I never come back from another location feeling like I want to go back right away.

I get both a combination of raised eyebrows AND "oh yeah, we had annual passes a few years ago" from different co-workers.

We do have some acquaintances and relatives who seem to think it's odd that we take most of our vacations in Florida. My attitude is that we live in paradise, so why in the world would we want to vacation elsewhere??;)

I get the same thing from my co-workers also. When they hear my DH and I are planning another trip to the World, it's always, "how many times have you been there now, why don't you try someplace different?!" We just enjoy the familiarity of the World and the pleasures we can enjoy. We have stayed at a different resort each time so there is one instance of variety. And also, we never really get to see "everything" there is to see. So each time we've been able to experience something new. And since we don't have children I truly believe visiting Disneyworld helps us stay young. And of course who could get sick of the Adventurers Club??!! We visit there every single time and always have a blast!!

So hats off to Disneyworld and may we always enjoy it!!:earsboy:

Could be different out here in LaLa Land, but everyone I know loves going to the "Mouse House." Where I work, a number of people have APs -- we even debate what the best rides are!

There is sooooo much to do at WDW every vacation is a different experience. You can stay at a different resort, go to different restaurants. We were at the world for a week & didn't get to see everything. Disney is a guaranteed good time!

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

People - use to but after I brought DVC - you know put your money where your mouth is - they can understand going where I have an interest.....

I generally get calls at least once a month on information about Disney - I have got to learn not to overload!!!

My boss (who also loves WDW) is sometime one of the worst - so I have been to Hilton Head, SC - twice - I prefer Disney.

I also own a timeshare in Panama City Beach, Fl - beautiful place - I go there to relax - almost do nothing for a week.....

Since I beyond to II - and sometimes they have great deals on the Marriotts in Orlando (and elsewhere) - I can generally stay with them too....

I also own a SA which I trade to Orlando....I brought it to trade to other places - my nephew plays baseball - but I can't seem to break my pattern - I really love the Orlando area - WDW, US/IOA, SW - even some of the tours traps....

but of course without WDW I probably won't go!!!

I seem to notice that the people that put down my Disney trips usually don't go ANYWHERE or to the beach for a week (we are within 1 1/2 hours to the beach). I can back up our trips to Disney till the cows come home. LOL If they are the beach dwellers I can shut them up in less than a minute when I tell them all there is to do there. If they don't travel, I also list the other places we have been -- Cruise to Alaska, NYC, Baltimore, Washington DC, Colonial Williamsburg, Bermuda, Cruise to Bahamas (ok, it was the Disney cruise). That usually shuts them up as well.

I would NEVER insult anyone by saying "why do you go to the beach every summer, isn't that boring", but for some reason people like to slam Disney. I truly think it is because they are jealous.

We too get less comments now that we have DVC. I say - we like to go to disney yearly like you go to the beach.

I got so sick of hearing that from our friends/coworkers/family that I came up with the following comeback "It's the place my husband performs best." That shuts them up real quick.

:teeth:

Yup! Same here. :rolleyes:
I get that from my brother in-law to be, his favorite is "there are other places to visit than WDW!"

I also always get "how can you go there year after year? Don't you get bored?" :rolleyes:

I always tell them that almost everything they can do on thier vacation I can do at WDW. I don't WANT to go anywhere else!!

I just LOVE going to WDW! I have been a few other places but I always go back.

My favorite comment was, "You don't have children, you dont HAVE to go to Disney!" Gotta love these people. We get this from people we work with, a few family members, etc. Funny thing is where I grew up everyone took the same week (due to a factory break) and headed to Myrtle Beach. But yet if I want to go to Disney I'm a freak.

Last summer I was discussing our vacation plans and mentioned to some folks that we were flying into Las Vegas for my husband to have a conference. I actually had people tell me it was time for me to grow up and do something adult. I smiled really big when I told them that our vacation didn't really start until we hit Disneyland after the conference!

That said Vegas was a fun, surreal type of world. Might go back someday, but it isn't a burning desire.

Disney allows me to recharge the creative side of my brain and it lets my husband forget his high stress job and relax and have fun! That's enough for me to want to keep coming back.

i hear from my friends that disney is kids stuff. i told them to shut up cuz its awesome and that im still on the search for the remaining hidden mickeys that i havent found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter