Do you support your local MILB team?

We used to go to at least one game each season but haven’t the last few years. Their July 4th games are always fun. Our son plays for one of their little league teams so we should try to go more often.

We used to go to at least one game each season but haven’t the last few years. Their July 4th games are always fun. Our son plays for one of their little league teams so we should try to go more often.
They also have a streaming service too if your interested.

I sit out on my mexian brick patio that I made in the front yard, to view the tall mountain range....that is the back stop to the Diamondbacks as I listen to the game by am radio with two sherbet glasses full of crushed tiny ice and full of pennsvyliav egg nog. love to hear it the darkness of the night and all the lit palms.

Used to, until they switched MLB affiliations to another team.

River Cats? Yeah - I've been to a few games. Last one I just happened to be in Sacramento, looked up that they had a game that day, and bought a ticket right behind home plate for $14 I think. And I was staring right at the little port that the scouts used for radar guns. I've been there before, and it's crawling with scouts there. I guess they're looking for potential trade targets. I've also sat on the lawn. One time I even did a day-night doubleheader where I went to a day A's game followed by a night game.

Other than in West Sac, I've never been to another minor league baseball game. I think there are some independent minor league teams around here, but I think the only official MiLB team in the Bay Area is the Giants' A-ball affiliate. But we had some weird doings, including Jose Canseco signing with an independent minor league team as a publicity stunt.

River Cats? Yeah - I've been to a few games. Last one I just happened to be in Sacramento, looked up that they had a game that day, and bought a ticket right behind home plate for $14 I think. And I was staring right at the little port that the scouts used for radar guns. I've been there before, and it's crawling with scouts there. I guess they're looking for potential trade targets. I've also sat on the lawn. One time I even did a day-night doubleheader where I went to a day A's game followed by a night game.

Other than in West Sac, I've never been to another minor league baseball game. I think there are some independent minor league teams around here, but I think the only official MiLB team in the Bay Area is the Giants' A-ball affiliate. But we had some weird doings, including Jose Canseco signing with an independent minor league team as a publicity stunt.
When the River Cats were an A's affiliate we went to a Friday night game and Stephen Vogt was catching for the River Cats. Went to an A's game the next day at 1pm, and they had called up Stephen Vogt and he was catching that game too. He could have carpooled with us. He might have gotten there faster, because the story was the A's flew him from Sacramento to San Francisco and he took a cab from SFO to Oakland, and didn't get there until 12:30 pm
We have been to games in Stockton (the Ports) and in Reno (the Aces).
We did also go to a Minor League Spring Training game in Phoenix. Two fields next to each other, with one common set of bleachers for both. One game was the River Cats, the other was the Stockton Ports. There were just two other people watching the games, a couple. They asked us which of the players was our son! Their son was in fact a player on the Ports. Nobody else there, which is why they don't charge admission for Minor League Spring training games. And no concession stands.

The MiLB dropped our local team last year so now they are Independent, and yes we attended several games last summer and expect to do similar this summer.

The MiLB dropped our local team last year so now they are Independent, and yes we attended several games last summer and expect to do similar this summer.

MLB had an order to reduce the number of MiLB teams. However, each MLB team has an AAA and AA affiliate, as well as several A-ball affiliates. I don't quite get it, because there was "high-A", "low-A", "short-season A", etc. And I guess rookie league.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/whats-next-for-the-43-teams-left-out-of-affiliated-baseball/

When the River Cats were an A's affiliate we went to a Friday night game and Stephen Vogt was catching for the River Cats. Went to an A's game the next day at 1pm, and they had called up Stephen Vogt and he was catching that game too. He could have carpooled with us. He might have gotten there faster, because the story was the A's flew him from Sacramento to San Francisco and he took a cab from SFO to Oakland, and didn't get there until 12:30 pm
We have been to games in Stockton (the Ports) and in Reno (the Aces).
We did also go to a Minor League Spring Training game in Phoenix. Two fields next to each other, with one common set of bleachers for both. One game was the River Cats, the other was the Stockton Ports. There were just two other people watching the games, a couple. They asked us which of the players was our son! Their son was in fact a player on the Ports. Nobody else there, which is why they don't charge admission for Minor League Spring training games. And no concession stands.

I went to Tim Hudson's rehab start back in 2004. There were a lot of reporters there to cover it, including Michelle Smith for the San Francisco Chronicle. I had a seat behind home plate and sat near her husband and son, and she actually came by form the press booth to check on them.

I have driven by the stadium in Fresno when I was in town, but they no longer have a team. In Reno I walked to the stadium, but it wasn't a game day and the scene around the stadium was almost nonexistent except for one bar that was open but otherwise had no business.

I have driven by the stadium in Fresno when I was in town, but they no longer have a team. In Reno I walked to the stadium, but it wasn't a game day and the scene around the stadium was almost nonexistent except for one bar that was open but otherwise had no business.

Just a little correction on my previous post. The Fresno Grizzlies are still there. Apparently they switched MLB teams a few times in AAA, but then switched to A-ball. Not sure how that works as they have a stadium that's actually quite large for A-ball.

We've gone to a few Louisville River Rats and the Dayton Dragons games when the kids were little. They were a lot of fun and would definitely go back. We have a team in Florence, Kentucky (the Y'alls) but I haven't been to one of their games, not sure why. Maybe I'll try to see on of their games this summer, a lot cheaper than going to a Reds game.

Yes, Augusta Greenjackets just switched to the Atlanta Braves, so this year will be alot of new fans!

I love Minor League Baseball.

have a season ticket to my local team, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders. I also try to get to at least 2-3 other stadiums each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter