• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think restaurants should charge for firework view tables?

Yes agreed the servers and resturant staff will suffer but the union, shareholders, and servers have no control of how a company runs. The shareholders maybe able to axe the proposal but honestly it would be presented to them with a $ figure not a "think of the workers"

If it is presented to shareholders with a possible $0.50 increase per share it adds up to a lot of money and honestly if the shareholders were that involved in the day to day operation of the resturants I think Disney would be very expensive.

If they have servers at the dessert parties then they find staff to work these events too

Honestly there are some logistical issues with this mainly just lack of areas to do this in the resturants but it wouldn't take a lot planning to do this

Would it suck.....yes....would Disney do it if makes them money.....yes.....would people pay the price to do this.....maybe.....if people are not willing to pay the price then it would shutdown fast.

Honestly if you look at what Disney is doing with extra magic hours, reserved viewing areas, dessert parties, fireworks tours, exclusive events( eg club villain) etc. This is not I a big problem Disney couldn't solve. There is a monorail tour you can take to drink at hotels and then see the fireworks at California grill already so this would not be too much different to plan or setup

If I can't eat at the resturants when the fireworks are on then I am probably buying food and drinks somewhere anyways....there is very little risk involved if Disney did this.....the underlying issue is can you get people to pay for it and will it make money for Disney!

In the words of John Hammond ....Disney will find a way!

Yes agreed the servers and resturant staff will suffer but the union, shareholders, and servers have no control of how a company runs. The shareholders maybe able to axe the proposal but honestly it would be presented to them with a $ figure not a "think of the workers"

If it is presented to shareholders with a possible $0.50 increase per share it adds up to a lot of money and honestly if the shareholders were that involved in the day to day operation of the resturants I think Disney would be very expensive.

If they have servers at the dessert parties then they find staff to work these events too

Honestly there are some logistical issues with this mainly just lack of areas to do this in the resturants but it wouldn't take a lot planning to do this

Would it suck.....yes....would Disney do it if makes them money.....yes.....would people pay the price to do this.....maybe.....if people are not willing to pay the price then it would shutdown fast.

Honestly if you look at what Disney is doing with extra magic hours, reserved viewing areas, dessert parties, fireworks tours, exclusive events( eg club villain) etc. This is not I a big problem Disney couldn't solve. There is a monorail tour you can take to drink at hotels and then see the fireworks at California grill already so this would not be too much different to plan or setup

If I can't eat at the resturants when the fireworks are on then I am probably buying food and drinks somewhere anyways....there is very little risk involved if Disney did this.....the underlying issue is can you get people to pay for it and will it make money for Disney!

In the words of John Hammond ....Disney will find a way!
Believe those are the words of Ian Malcolm.

I cannot see this happening at least in the short-term. However, we know how capitalistic/opportunistic Disney can be.

Regarding "kicking people out" of a table if it was one held for the special reservations--I think Disney totally could do that. We were in Germany this summer and made a reservation at a very popular restaurant. We were told that our reservation was from 6:00pm-7:30pm. I have no doubt that they would have told us to leave had we gone beyond the 7:30pm time limit. Disney could absolutely do the same, provided they managed to actually seat people at their exact reservation time.

Regarding "kicking people out" of a table if it was one held for the special reservations--I think Disney totally could do that. We were in Germany this summer and made a reservation at a very popular restaurant. We were told that our reservation was from 6:00pm-7:30pm. I have no doubt that they would have told us to leave had we gone beyond the 7:30pm time limit. Disney could absolutely do the same, provided they managed to actually seat people at their exact reservation time.

That is what I was thinking reading this thread. Outside the United States, a time limit is not uncommon at restaurants. I would love to see Disney implement these at those restaurants where people with 5pm reservations try to stay until fireworks/shows.

Not sure they could or should charge a fee to book during certain times, but I know in Las Vegas some restaurants have a spending minimum for their most desirable tables.

Believe those are the words of Ian Malcolm.
Exactly - although Disney would do better to consider one of his other quotes here: "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." Luckily for Dr. Malcolm there shouldn't be any reserved firework table chaos at T-REX.

(Yes - I get the oddity of having a Universal character lecture Disney on its practices, but he was against Jurassic Park and a Disney apologist - responding to Hammond's argument that all major theme parks have issues and nothing worked when Disneyland opened that "if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists").

Do I think reserved fireworks tables are possible? Yes. Do I think they will or should? No. I think the price they would have to charge and the complaints they would get (both from the people upset with the decision as well as the people who buy in but are disappointed with the result) would do it in pretty quickly as more trouble than it'd be worth. Of course, I'd have said the same about a number of other Disney practices that are alive and thriving, so what do I know...

So you would take those tables out of circulation the rest of the time? I can't imagine what they would have to charge to make that work.

I think you would have to if you wanted to make something like that work. I can't imagine it being worth the trouble, but it's not impossible.

Absolutely not, 100% no way. Lately Disney has been searching for even more ways to take our money. I spend a small fortune on 2 week vacations here every 2 years as it is without paying for a view. Do I know places with good views? Yes thanks to his site and going multiples times I have learned to book a dinner at Rose & Crown every trip and the occasional California Grill but I pay enough to eat there without paying more.

Disney is so bad at confronting guests I don't think there is any way they would put a time limit on tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter