Do you think there is hope for me in getting $49 at the ASMo?

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
I've been calling about 3X a week trying to get this resort- ASMovies at $49 in early Oct. (2-9) They always say there is no discount at the ASMo but there is at the ASSp and ASMu.

Should I keep trying? And what would be a better time or day for me to call to get a good chance of getting this rate? Or am I hopeless? Do you think when it draws near to my date that they will release more rooms for this price? Please help! Thanks! We really want to stay at this resort again!!

Here's my personal experiences. We've stayed twice at AS Sports for $49/night - both times could have gotten Music as well, but NOT Movies. I have recently booked Sports again for late November/early December, again no Movies, but Music or Sports available. I don't worry when I can't get Movies, we love Sports as well and it's worth the extra savings.

Lisa

In all honesty, I don't think you're going to get the discounted rate at Movies. I've noticed that Disney isn't even mentioning Movies as an option in a lot of the ads advertising discounts at the All Stars. Obviously enough people prefer Movies to make it unnecessary for Disney to discount that particular resort.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I've been calling for the same thing. We're getting there on Sept 29th. I think I would prefer Movies, but if we don't get it, I don't care...$49 is great.

I got this for $49 using one of the codes on mousesavers.com....

Thanks MAry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the music and call back every so often to check availability; we did same when we were forced to stay @ all-star due to budget constraints, & we were switched from sports to music...movies wasn't opened yet...but music is fine, don't obsess on this, you can easily stroll over & experience the movie thing from any of the all-stars

Thanks for your honest opinions. I just didn't want to set my hopes high thinking it will happen. I always hear "persistance pays off". Probably not in this case.

The CRO lady even told me today that even if they cancel, the room will go back into the system but not the $49 rate. Oh well....

I hope we will like the ASMu or the ASSp. My DS 4 and DD 2 are neither much into sports or music (not yet), I'm just wondering which one they will like better. Sigh....
:rolleyes:

Honestly, not worth stressing over..

They will like all of them fine. My kids did, they were just excited to be at Disney World.

For $49, it is a fantastic rate. You can walk over and experience movies as well.

Honestly, our past two have been at Sports. We walked over to Movies, and the kids thought it was ok, but was constantly saying " Can we go back to Sports...?"

New to message board. Got ASMovies yesterday for end of August @$49. Booked at a higher rate a few months ago but was able to change to lower rate with existing resv.

You won't be a YC with us? :(

Your kids will love it cuz it's Disney! Don't sweat it -- you could be staying at an offsite themeless budget motel for the same amount!

:)
Hi Gillian! I know, I know, I know, I had BC booked, but my conscience (sp?) says not to do it. We could save tons of money if we stay at the All Stars and have a better time (spending and do more character meals). Well...It's either that or I'm just nuts about the All Stars and wants to use the mugs there again!!

Hey Bev! At least the date is not going to change! After my hubby's convention at Raddison, we are heading to Disney!!

Could someone give us the number you called to get those rates? We would love to stay at All Sports.

Thanks! :)

We have daughters too (ages 9 and 6 next trip) and one son. We aren't big sports fans. And I don't recall seeing a "ice skating" room listed ;-) We are planning on staying at Music. We have heard from others that have stayed at sports and they said that it was still very nice. Everything at the AS resorts is "overdone" so that even if you aren't into sports or music you can still enjoy the surroundings. Who knows maybe this will even spark an interest for music in your daughters!

:earsgirl:

Fantasia, if you end up having to stay at either Sports or Music to get the $49 rate choose Music. My DH and I spent 1 night at Music before moving over to Movies for 7 nights. Movies wasn't available for all 8 nights. We really liked Music too and it is right next door to Movies. If you stayed in building #10 Calypso at Music you would be very close to the Mighty Ducks and Dalmatian sections at Movies. Good luck on getting Movies, don't give up!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter