Do You Trust the Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn’t a peaceful protest by either group. The media didn’t report that.

Who started the rally? Who shouted nazi slogans with torches the night before? You're going to argue semantics after a neo-nazi at the rally decides to ram his car into a crowd of protestors with the intent to harm or kill people???

That's truly ridiculous.

I was repub before fox and never trusted media. Fox came around and I don't trust them either. Take it all with understanding that human nature and or your companies affiliation is going to prbablly lead you to put your/their slant on things.

I’ve seen the picture of her in her black outfit. It is on the internet.

Who the hell cares what she was wearing?!?! Seriously! She was run down by a neo nazi. It's on FILM. What about the reports was untrue? Oh, they didn't mention she was wearing black. I get it. If she'd been wearing a pink frock with bows on it, it never would have happened. SMH.

I know about it because a programmer I follow on Twitter mentioned it and it was on The Guardian.
I've heard about it yesterday and today. Saw it first on the early morning news yesterday morning. And (gasp) from the main stream media some of you say you don't trust. I get ZERO news from social media in any form.

I said there are videos, show me where you can see she got hit by the car. I have seen the videos of that day and I didn’t see her get hit. As for the overweight, hot day, dressed in black, smoking, can dehydrate a person, add in excitement, stress and you can lose consciousness fast. Bring on a heart attack.

So now the coroner is in on it too. Good grief. We are lost if this passes for critical thinking.

Trust the media?? Uh-uh, nope....nope, nope nope. The "free press" is no longer, it has been co-opted. The truth is nigh impossible to come by these days.

I think that the media should have shown what she posted on her Facebook page, told that the people protesting the White Supremecists were carrying bats and other things. There are videos and pictures of that day, maybe they should show the picture of Heyer being given CPR.

Gonna ask a dumb question. The really disgusting thing that happened in Charlottesville was the gentleman gunning his car forwards and backwards into a crowd of people. Do you think THAT happened? And, even if (somehow) your ridiculous claim that the young woman died of a a heart attack completely unrelated to that creep gunning his car into the crowd were true, was he a "bad guy." OF COURSE is my answer. It's obvious. Anyone defending him has an agenda that has no place in our country. With that, I am done.

What conspiracies that you think I believe, answer it and you would be dead wrong.

Gee, I wonder why you don't question the "news" places you do hear from. CNN doesn't report anything that disagrees with their narrative, MSNBC does the same. Fox News might do that on occasion. CNN has been proven to use Crisis actors to deliver their narrative and you accuse me of being naïf. No, I am not tied to any one theory, nor am I convinced by any random speculation. I think from my other posts in this thread you can figure out what I am against.

Depends on what you consider the media to be.

Facebook posts and memes - no

MSM - for the most part but I am aware of their agenda when it comes to politics (I'm looking at you Fox News and CNN)

Talk radio - absolutely not.

No. Everyone has an agenda of some sort....the broadcast network, their sources, the people the story is about. If the source lies and the media reports it, it's still "fake news." Maybe it's not intentional on the part of the media, but it still disseminates a false narrative.

No. Everyone has an agenda of some sort....the broadcast network, their sources, the people the story is about. If the source lies and the media reports it, it's still "fake news." Maybe it's not intentional on the part of the media, but it still disseminates a false narrative.

Their agenda is to boost ratings anyway they can. Both sides can agree on that. Making money is the key.

Who started the rally? Who shouted nazi slogans with torches the night before? You're going to argue semantics after a neo-nazi at the rally decides to ram his car into a crowd of protestors with the intent to harm or kill people???

That's truly ridiculous.

Well, when a group goes in to a counter protest and brings bats, urine filled balloons and other things, I don’t think that they are planning to be peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter