Do you use bell services when you checkout?

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
In light of the "hang up calls on check out day", I was wondering how many people use bell services to check out. We always do, so that would certainly indicate that we were gone. On the other hand, if we didn't use bell services, they wouldn't know one way or the other if we were still there.

But, I was wondering...do most people use bell services or not? At least housekeeping could focus on those rooms first.

We used them at BWV, it was a long hike to the lobby. They asked me if we had a car in valet when I called, we did, so they pulled the car up to the door so the bellman just went straight outside and loaded it. 2 or 3 housekeepers stopped us in the hallway and asked the bellman what room we were coming from (it was 9:00am, we had hangup calls at 8:00 and 8:30). He also put the "housekeeping please" sign (back of do not disturb) on the door as we left.

At OKW, we don't use them since the car is right outside the villa. I did check my laptop with the bell desk at the Hospitality House because we weren't leaving until late afternoon and I didn't want to leave it in the hot car.

By the end of the trip I need a bellhop to carry ME to the car.;)

Originally posted by dvcreg
By the end of the trip I need a bellhop to carry ME to the car.;)

For a big enough tip, they'll let you ride on the cart!

We always use bell services when checking out (except the couple of times we have stayed at OKW when nothing else was available). After a week of relaxing vacation the last thing I want to do is lug all of my stuff through the hotel when there is a perfectly nice CM with a wheeled cart willing to do it for me. :)

By the way, we have been DVC members for 2 years now and have taken 6 or 7 trips so far and have never ever been bothered by housekeeping on the day we departed (and we are always running out the door at 10:59). We just got back from a week at VWL and were running VERY late this time and no one even bothered us even at 11:30 when we finally did manage to get out of there.

Lisa

hi: i agree with dvcreg! we are usually at the bwv and do use bell services. it's only been the two trips in the last year that we've received a couple of hang-up calls.

Since our home resort is OKW, we do not use bell services. Also we leave very early on check out day(5 or 6 AM) so we never get calls. The point is that when we leave this early there are usually other people also going. MS should ask that you call when leaving, like at VB, and this way Housekeeping would have a significant number of rooms to clean when they start, without having to bother those who leave later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter