Doctor Strange II

Just got back---- liked it--- would give it a 7 of 10--- Not near the top of my list of fave Marvel movies--- DEFINITELY not for kids, like others have said--- (I would say 10 would be youngest) --- was very dark--- Was like a cross between Marvel, "Carrie", and "POTC" !!!

I really liked the movie, the multiverse is an interesting storyline but I believe that is where the latest phase of Marvel movies is going.
PG-13 movies aren't generally for kids anyway, but I think teenagers can handle it a little better.

I don't understand why parents think that a PG-13 movie would be ok for young kids (under 13). Just because its Marvel which is owned by Disney does not mean its appropriate for all ages.

It's definitely a dark movie but I feel some of the trailers depicted that.

I don't understand why parents think that a PG-13 movie would be ok for young kids (under 13). Just because its Marvel which is owned by Disney does not mean its appropriate for all ages.

It's definitely a dark movie but I feel some of the trailers depicted that.

Well, ratings systems are not hard rules, they are guidance, and in "Parental Guidance is suggested." That just means that a parent should be aware of the content, even screen the movie first, then decide if their kid should watch it, or advise them as they do. Not all kids are the same and not all parents find the same things inappropriate. Also, not all movies with the same rating are the same. Marvel movies tend to skew toward the very safe end of PG-13 (though this one is a little less so). Star Wars movies used to be rated PG, but the newer ones are PG-13, but thre really isn't a difference in content at all. It's a sliding scale of judgement.

Last edited:
Went with my best friend Saturday. We are pretty good in theaters. This movie was terrible. We laughed so hard at the most inappropriate places. We tried so hard to be good. It was just awful. Thankfully half the theater snuck in alcohol, so they didn't mind us.

After a little time to digest, I'll share my thoughts, with spoilers:

I am not necessarily crazy about all this multiverse stuff - it makes the movies too complicated, and I say that as a comic book fan. Movies are a different animal than long-form serialized stories that play out over years and decades. Anyway, and not surprisingly, the MCU has handled it well - very well. They have that golden touch and the movie was still quite enjoyable.

I was the only one in the theater who was not cheering at the introductions of certain characters, mostly because this WAS NOT THEM. The Illuminati is a concept from the comics, an outright terrible one. It's basically "heroes" doing the wrong things for the "right" reasons - however that never works. The "ends justify the means" approach is the antithesis of what superheroes stand for. "Making the hard decisions?" Doing the right thing is never a hard decision! And yeah, this concept has basically completely ruined Marvel Comics. So, here we have beloved characters set up as some tyranical council, lying to the world, controlling everything - make no mistake, they are EVIL. I cheered when they died - go Wanda! Nothing good comes from a group like that - I mean, anyone with a throne room like that is up to no good, no matter how much they think they are in the right. When "our" Dr. Strange called them a "clown show" I was so happy that the filmmakers get it - they know that it's a bad thing, and hopefully the Illuminati will be relegated to one weird, dystopian world in the multiverse.

But, that also led to one of the best lines in the movie, spoken no less by my most-loathed Charles Xavier of all people: "Just becuase someone has lost their way, doesn't mean they are lost forever." Man, what a great line - and trust me, Xavier int eh comics does not believe that anymore. They've made his so twisted and gross. That's why it hurts me so much sometimes - I used to love these characters, but they were all destroyed through years of bad storytelling - but the MCU may yet be their savior! It's incredilble how well they handle the material.

To wit, this whole movie is about doing the wrong things for the right reasons, from the moment the alternate Stephen treis to take America's powers. Even our Stephen had to dreamwalk to help his friends, and he paid the toll for that, but in the end he made the right choice. Only through that action could he save the world. So that's a good message and a good example of what these chracters mean. They do need to lose the weird thrid eye though - it's very unappealing and gross. I get that it was a cost, some kind of corruptuon, but I would rather it be visualized in a different way.

Wanda as the heavy was a surprise too. It took me a minute to even understand that she was. But, was she really? I always expected that she was being puppeteered, but perhaps not. Is she lost forever? I guess we'll find out eventually.

Last edited:
After a little time to digest, I'll share my thoughts, with spoilers:

I am not necessarily crazy about all this multiverse stuff - it makes the movies too complicated, and I say that as a comic book fan. Movies are a different animal than long-form serialized stories that play out over years and decades. Anyway, and not surprisingly, the MCU has handled it well - very well. They have that golden touch and the movie was still quite enjoyable.

I was the only one in the theater who was not cheering at the introductions of certain characters, mostly because this WAS NOT THEM. The Illuminati is a concept from the comics, an outright terrible one. It's basically "heroes" doing the wrong things for the "right" reasons - however that never works. The "ends justify the means" approach is the antithesis of what superheroes stand for. "Making the hard decisions?" Doing the right thing is never a hard decision! And yeah, this concept has basically completely ruined Marvel Comics. So, here we have beloved characters set up as some tyranical council, lying to the world, controlling everything - make no mistake, they are EVIL. I cheered when they died - go Wanda! Nothing good comes from a group like that - I mean, anyone with a throne room like that is up to no good, no matter how much they think they are in the right. When "our" Dr. Dtrange called them a "clown show" I was so happy that the filmmakers get it - they know that it's a bad thing, and hopefully the Illuminati will be relegated to one weird, dystopian world in the multiverse.

But, that also led to one of the best lines in the movie, spoken no less by my most-loathed Charles Xavier of all people: "Just becuase someone has lost their way, doesn't mean they are lost forever." Man, what a great line - and trust me, Xavier int eh comics does not believe that anymore. They've made his so twisted and gross. That's why it hurts me so much sometimes - I used to love these characters, but they were all destroyed through years of bad storytelling - but the MCU may yet be their savior! It's incredilble how well they handle the material.

To wit, this whole movie is about doing the wrong things for the right reasons, from the moment the alternate Stephen treis to take America's powers. Even our Stephen had to dreamwalk to help his friends, and he paid the toll for that, but in the end he made the right choice. Only through that action could he save the world. So that's a good message and a good example of what these chracters mean. They do need to lose the weird thrid eye though - it's very unappealing and gross. I get that it was a cost, some kind of corruptuon, but I would rather it be visualized in a different way.

Wanda as the heavy was a surprise too. It took me a minute to even understand that she was. But, was she really? I always expected that she was being puppeteered, but perhaps not. Is she lost forever? I guess we'll find out eventually.
I LOVE your thoughts on it. It was such a hot mess. I also was not a fan of a lot of what you pointed out.

I LOVE your thoughts on it. It was such a hot mess. I also was not a fan of a lot of what you pointed out.

Thanks. I still really liked the movei, though fo rme it's a lower-tier Marvel film - still better than most!

I grew up on superheroes and I just can't tolerate that "might makes right" sensibility that gorups like the Illuminati have. Their very name is condescending and superior! Unfortunately, ever since about the mid 2000's Marvel Comics has been outright infected with this line of thinking. I don't know if the writers think that it's right to act like that, or if they think it's cool to show the characters being so edgy - to dirty them up so to speak - or just completely flubbing the point that it is bad. Sometimes in the real world, "hard decisions" maybe do have to be made, but it's not right nor heroic - certianly not "SUPERheroic!" I want to see the shining paragons of justice doing their thing - not get mired in the weird psycho-dramas about the nature of right and wrong. The comic writers today present these types of things, The Illuminati, Civil War, Mutant Supremacy, as GOOD things. As if authoriatrianism were heroic as long as they are imposing the "correct" point of view. That stuff REALLY bothers me, I think you can tell.

The beauty is that the movie DOES NOT stand up for all that at all. It tears it down and proves it wrong, and that is a great thing!

I love the first part of Dr. Strange. Soon my friends and I will go to the second part. Maybe we will watch the movie at my home since I recently connected https://www.firesticktricks.com/cinehub-apk.html and I watch movies more and more often at home and not in the cinema. I really enjoy spending my free time watching movies and eating delicious food. When I watch the second part of Dr. Strange, I will definitely share my opinion about it

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say wow. It was completely not what I had expected. It should have been rated R. People were bringing their little kids to the movie and covering their eyes.

It's very much a Sam Raimi film. Think Spiderman 3 (Toby Maguire). It's convoluted and messy, but I enjoyed Madness.

Everything was rushed in the film. From America's introduction to Wanda's changeover to the introduction of Mount Wundagore. I'm not sure how I feel about "Scarlet Witch" being the villain. I know we were set up for it in Wandavision, but the film felt like it just jumped right to it. There was no real build up. I also thought the Illumanti, other than Patrick Stewart and John Krasinski, fell flat.

I understand it's hard to translate these comic book characters to the big screen. Some of their stories are out there, but I think Raimi should have spent more time learning the source material.

I also like Elizabeth Olsen, but her acting was off in this movie. I don't think she was prepared properly for the role switch to Scarlet Witch. The one saving grace is we got to see the kids again.

The final post-credit scene wasn't worth it. I rank this above Thor 2, but below Iron Man 2 and Captain Marvel. Was Kevin Feige working from home during this movie? And what happened to Tom Cruise being multiverse Iron Man?

Last edited:
It was okay. It felt like they took a What If? and made a movie version. That's what the new Thor movie looks like too. I'm not a huge fan of the latest Marvel offerings.

In the movies, Fox really mishandled the X-Men. So far, Disney has done pretty well with the Marvel characters, so I'm willing to give them a chance to fix the X-Men (and the Fantastic Four).

Most of the X-Men movies were good. A few weren't great. But I can say the same thing about the MCU, especially the TV shows.

Most of the X-Men movies were good. A few weren't great. But I can say the same thing about the MCU, especially the TV shows.
I enjoyed some of them, but they never got Rogue and Gambit right. They were always my favorites in the cartoons.

I don't know. I really only like two of them. The first one was decent and a solid platform to build from. I never liked 2 and 3 wasn't much better. Then First Class was great - it was the movie we always should have gotten! But Matthew Vaughn left, and Days of Future Past was so bad and inscrutable I couldn't even watch any more of them. It doesn't help that my love for the X-Men has been completely ruined by the comics either! I really can't even stand the franchise anymore, though Doctor Strange tapping into that early 90's vibe was absolutely the smart move!

It was okay. Almost tired of how only she was so sad over loss, she went crazy. Twice. Like Tony was lost, Black Widow was, and no one sad about them? I guess not enough to use their powers in grief, to hurt and kill others.

Well, okay Hawkeye, but his other killer character was well known and not just because of trying to find happiness with what was lost.

Looking forward to Love in the Summer.

Oh and my adult kid, who is not a huge Marvel fan like her older sibling is, said she could see why the director was known as a horror movie guy. I’m not a horror fan, and I actually had to laugh at some of the horror stuff and jump scares they tried to have in the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter