Does anyone know of reasonably priced family rest. near DD?

dutton

Mouseketeer
We have decided to just stay at parks all day and to cut back costs we wanted to grab a meal somewhere off site since the parks close at 6 or 7. This would entertain our 2 older children until bedtime w/o having them stuck in the hotel or paying a high price for food on site. Thanks for any help! Oh, it will be me, DH, MIL, 8,6,3,and 1 yr. old. We aren't really familiar w/ the area, so if you could give directions also!!Thank you!

How about Pizzeria Uno - right across the street from the WDW entrance that is near WDW.

Great Pizza!

Here are some addresses of some of the local eateries, close to Downtown Disney. You can go to http://www.mapquest.com , plug in the Planet Hollywood (which is in Downtown Disney)address, then the address of the restaurant you want to go to, and get some easy directions. :D

Planet Hollywood
1506 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Perkins
12559 State Road 535

Jungle Jims
12501 State Road 535

Shoney's
12204 Apopka Vineland Road
Orlando, FL 32836

TGI Friday's
12543 State Road 535
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836

Olive Garden
12361 Apopka-Vineland Road
Orlando, FL 32859

Crab House
8496 Palm Parkway
Orlando, FL 32836

There's also an IHOP on 535, but I don't have it's address.

We love Steak and Shake! It was a chain in Indy where I grew up and hadn't had for about 20 years until we found it FL!

The chili is great and the burgers are good and the shakes are just wonderful! DH made me stop twice on the way out of FL just to get 'one more' shake. The prices are reasonable and it's clean. It's right across from the DD entrance - a couple blocks down, kind of across from Shoney's.:o

Jungle Jims is the Best!

I was introduced to it a couple years ago, and it has become a Must Go on our list!

They have Good Hamburgers, all available as Beef, Vegi-burgers, or Chicken. They also have Silly Drink Specials every day...

My kids LOVE the goofy little plastic animals that come on every Drink.

My DH, myself, and 2 kids meals, all with Drinks will spend around $30 or so...

:D :D :D :D :D 5 big smiles in my book!

Laura

We really enjoyed our visit to Bahama Breeze last week. I wouldn't say it's "cheap" but there is a lot of variety on the menu - big sandwiches for about $8-10, most entrees $12- $16 I think. It's a happy & loud place so it's good for kids (and of course they give crayons & a menu to color). :)
We went to DD afterwards and I think it was only about 5 minutes from the restaurant. The address was 8735 Vineland Ave (near Lake Bryan).
This is their web site:
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/index.html

Romanos Macaroni Grill (right down the street from Rt 535 Entrance). Caters to the kids with crayons and great wait staff and the adults with a jug of red wine on every table!!. Great Food, Great Fun. Price is right also

I vote for Jungle Jim's also. Good food and great atmosphere. There is also the Pizzaria Uno and a TGI Friday's I believe plus a few others all in the Crossroads Shopping Center right outside of DD. Also if you go to the right at that same light you will run into a Golden Corral, Bahama Breeze and others.

Is this Steak N Shake new? We ended up at one way down by WalMart and I didn't think there was a closer one last August (2000).

We ate at Pizzeria Uno and the portions seemed larger than around here. We shared and ended up with tons of leftovers. There's also a TGI Fridays right in that area.

We loved Steak and Shake in Lake Buena Vista about a block behind crossroads!. We went there for the first time on our last trip, and I about fell off my chair when I looked at the menu. $2.99 for a platter of spaghetti!. Most of the menu items are under $3.50, add a side for another buck.

The food was great, I took two teens there and the total bill for a ton of food was $l8. Clean and good

Absolutely Jungle Jims - That is one of the things to do on our upcoming trip. Sometimes I think the kids like going there better than the parks - just kidding -
Fair prices - good food
great children's menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter