Does anyone NOT have a smartphone???

Just wondering? I don't have one. I am guilty of having the old flip phone by tracphone:) I find that's all I need or want. But it seems you need a special app to get fp+ changed at Disney or for other updates. I was wondering if anyone else felt like they were being "forced" into buying a new smartphone? It's a personal thing with me. Maybe because I am a "senior" and wasn't raised on technology? Anyway, just wondering????:goodvibes

Don't feel forced to get a smart phone. There are plenty of people going to WDW who don't have smart phones and are touring just fine. Obviously you have access to a computer, so you can schedule your FP+ before you go and can change them before you leave for WDW. Once there, you can change your FP+ with CMs who have the ability to make the changes from iPads in the parks. Unfortunately, they can only make changes for that day in that park. If you're staying at a WDW resort, the concierge can help you with FP+ modifications during your stay (at least they could at BWI when we were there in July).

Enjoy your trip.

They have kiosks in the park, you can use those to make changes or book new fastpasses. You have to find one first and you may have to wait in line to use it, but they do have an alternative.

...But it seems you need a special app to get fp+ changed at Disney or for other updates....

There are kiosk around the parks that you can use to change your Fast Passes. I also found it much simpler to use my laptop at the hotel to modify my upcoming fast passes if needed.

I am an "Aged" person as well and do not own any sort of cell technology. My wife has a trac phone but that is all. We do not need a smart phone or cell phone or any kind of bothersome contraption. We have never needed a fast pass because when we get there, we are there and since we always travel at the off period, we never have to wait. I never want to have to hurry to a certain ride because we have "five minutes before we have to get on the ride" type of situation. My wife and I are there to relax and enjoy. I have taken my children and my grandchildren and I can honestly say, these last several times down there have been the most enjoyable trips ever. 70 more days till I get my "Mickey" back on. See you all in November.

I am an "Aged" person as well and do not own any sort of cell technology. My wife has a trac phone but that is all. We do not need a smart phone or cell phone or any kind of bothersome contraption. We have never needed a fast pass because when we get there, we are there and since we always travel at the off period, we never have to wait. I never want to have to hurry to a certain ride because we have "five minutes before we have to get on the ride" type of situation. My wife and I are there to relax and enjoy. I have taken my children and my grandchildren and I can honestly say, these last several times down there have been the most enjoyable trips ever. 70 more days till I get my "Mickey" back on. See you all in November.

we don't get fp+ booked 2 months ahead of time, we will be in a long stand by line, even at rope drop! We always go at off times too and have walked onto TSM twice before it got busy. But this time we are going with kids/grandkids close to Thanksgiving, as it was the only time they could go. So, am worried we will miss out on our favorites without fp+. I will take the advice of the nice people who commented on this, and check with the concierge at the hotel in wdw, or go to kiosks too. We found that we like it much more going to wdw just by ourselves and at our pace too. See ya in November too:)

33 year old with NO cell phone here! HAHAHA my 13 year old has an iphone though, ipad and ipod so we use her stuff when we go somewhere...heck I'm paying for it so technically it is mine.:rotfl2: I hate going out to lunch with someone and they have their head down the whole time on their phone. I only make lunch dates now with people who I know want to have human interaction.

Yes i have a cell, and yes it's very DUMB! Old flip-phone that has been handed down 3 times. Hubby is attached to his Blackberry by necessity (small business owner) and the danged thing even showed up in our son's wedding photos last year because we're all just so used to seeing it! NEVER does he use it for anything other than calls or to check his e-mail ..ok so he also texts the kids if the need arises. There is an APP for the Blackberry to use MDE but we aren't even downloading it. We're going old school just as we have done every other trip. Yes i've been forced to do the FP+ stuff but now it is printed out and in my small travel journal along with all my confirmation #'s for flights, resorts & ADR's. If a ride is down and we can't use our FP+ so be it, if we have to wait in line for something, so be it!

We will be on VACATION and refuse to be tethered to anything other than each other. Bad enough that he will have to lug along the work lap-top and check on e-mail everynight :sad2: but from when we wake up (and there will be no alarm clock being used either) till we saunter back to get the beast all we'll be using is my ANALOG WATCH AND WRITTEN WORDS!! (and this isn't because we're out of touch with technology but because we are so in touch with it everyday!!)

Don't feel forced to use the new technology to enjoy a wonderful trip. Make your plans at home before you go and then RELAX and go with the flow!! :thumbsup2

I do not have a smart phone. I do not have a cell phone. I do not want one. My husband has a smart phone from work, he would not have it if they did not pay for it. My daughter has a smart phone, she uses it mostly for texting. I am usually with them, at home, or at work. Don't need one, don't want one.

No smart phone here. I'm 36 and I have a regular texting dumb phone. I do have an ipod touch and Kindle and that is all I need. I feel no need to pay for the high data plans just to have internet at all times. DH does not have a smartphone either. We will use the kiosks at Disney or use the Kindle at the hotel.

we don't get fp+ booked 2 months ahead of time, we will be in a long stand by line, even at rope drop! We always go at off times too and have walked onto TSM twice before it got busy. But this time we are going with kids/grandkids close to Thanksgiving, as it was the only time they could go. So, am worried we will miss out on our favorites without fp+. I will take the advice of the nice people who commented on this, and check with the concierge at the hotel in wdw, or go to kiosks too. We found that we like it much more going to wdw just by ourselves and at our pace too. See ya in November too:)

If you're going close to Thanksgiving, you should schedule some FP+ in advance. Especially for a group. It looks like you're staying at a WDW resort, so you'll have the opportunity to schedule FP+ in advance. You can do that by internet before you leave. You can link all of the folks in your traveling party (if you wish) and get things organized in advance. Then, if you need to make changes once there, check with a CM or do it by a kiosk. Finally, if your kids and grandkids are going, chances are that one or more of them have smartphones and could do the changes from their phones.

My husband has a "dumbphone" and I have a windows phone. So, we can't use Fastpass+ either. We both bought new Android tablets last year for Christmas/Wedding presents, but Disney's software for Androids is not compatible. We usually wing it when riding rides and seeing shows. We don't like to do things on a schedule anyway. Schedules make vacations too stressful!

No smart phones here... I just can't justify the monthly fees...
Or the attention I might give it....I think it could really suck you in :
When we were at WDW a few months ago we were shocked at all the people standing in line/at meals with their noses in their phones.
I want to go on vacation and enjoy the people I am spending time with,the atmosphere and just soak everything in.
All I can say is wow....if I wanted to be on the internet all that time I could stay home & save all that money on airfare!

If you're going close to Thanksgiving, you should schedule some FP+ in advance. Especially for a group. It looks like you're staying at a WDW resort, so you'll have the opportunity to schedule FP+ in advance. You can do that by internet before you leave. You can link all of the folks in your traveling party (if you wish) and get things organized in advance. Then, if you need to make changes once there, check with a CM or do it by a kiosk. Finally, if your kids and grandkids are going, chances are that one or more of them have smartphones and could do the changes from their phones.

Well, duh, I never thought about the kids and grandkids having their fancy smart phones!!!!!DUH!!! I guess they can change things! We will be at WDW by ourselves for a few days only, then the rest of the gang shows up:rolleyes2
Thanks, Sandi:scratchin

No smart phones here... I just can't justify the monthly fees...
Or the attention I might give it....I think it could really suck you in :
When we were at WDW a few months ago we were shocked at all the people standing in line/at meals with their noses in their phones.
I want to go on vacation and enjoy the people I am spending time with,the atmosphere and just soak everything in.
All I can say is wow....if I wanted to be on the internet all that time I could stay home & save all that money on airfare!

Yeah, Gardengal, I feel the same way. When we were at Disney last year, I also was surprised at all the people who were looking at their :cell phones instead of the wonderful sites, things, events, etc at Disney! Also I hated seeing parents with their noses stuck in their cell phones while the kids milled around them, looking at stuff, etc. I know I'm out of date of this, but I thought Disney world was all about sharing your good times and the magic with family/friends. I also know how addicting those devices can be, and how great it must be to be able to do all that stuff with them, but still wish they would put them away for a little while at Disney. One of the things we enjoy is talking with people in line or just resting while at Disney. Have met some wonderful people like that:)

No smart phone here. I'm 36 and I have a regular texting dumb phone. I do have an ipod touch and Kindle and that is all I need. I feel no need to pay for the high data plans just to have internet at all times. DH does not have a smartphone either. We will use the kiosks at Disney or use the Kindle at the hotel.

Ditto this (except I'm 38). I am another fan of personal interaction - too many siblings/friends are addicted to their phones and it's just not something I want in my life. Plenty of other types of technology, but I'm happy with my flip phone!

26 with a dumb phone still. I have a ipod touch and a tablet so with almost everywhere having wifi nowadays if I need to get online it is available.

For the places not, just make sure to plan ahead!

We each have a smartphone and we don't bring them on any Vacations.

We've been to WDW three time since the FP+ started and always managed to get all the FP+ and updates we needed right in the park without much wait. The cast member are wonderful and will bend backward to make your visit magical.

I didnt read the whole thread, but they will change your fastpass+ reservations for you during the day at guest relations in the parks. It might be a drag to walk back there if you want a change, but you do it as you go in the park it's not too much of a problem. I have a smartphone and just dont like using it in the parks (How to Avoid Distractions: 101). So if I need any changes made I do it online before we head out to the parks or I stop in to guest relations first thing.

I have a cheap 'smartphone' which is only smart if you know how to use it. I've had mine nearly a year and as it's only for emergencies (car breaking down etc) and only DD has my number I never worked out how to answer it as no one called me, DD always calls the landline as she knows I either have let the battery die or it isn't turned off and I rarely take it with me anywhere, until Tuesday when the motor on my car window broke leaving it permanently down, took it to the garage and they took my mobile number to call me to let me know what was happening as I said I was going to get a coffee. It rang (my ringtone is 'Grim Grinning Ghosts btw) and everyone looked as I tried to work out how the heck to answer it, which I didn't . Luckily I could see it was the garage so that was okay. Headed straight up to DD's flat and she instantly showed me how to answer it even though she had never handled it before. Cheeky monkey then tried to persuade me to give it to her as I clearly never use it, I'm on a pay as you go thingy, so I put £10 on when I bought it and still have £2.50 left a year later. I did find it good in the parks, only to check MDE and change FP+, but outside of that, I wonder why I have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter