• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone own a Keystone Cabana?

luvwinnie

<font color=green>And how are YOU feeling?<br><fon
We are looking into buying a travel trailer and cannot tow more than a total of 5000 lbs. Thank you! Any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

We have a 30' Keystone Sprinter. We purchased it just over a year ago and have spent a number of months in it already. To date, the only problem we have had is draining the black water tank. (Five females produces lots of TP.) Our dealer gave us a remedy, however, there is no known cure. We have been told that there isn't a black water tank made that doesn't have to fight gravity, and therefore causes some problems. All in all, we love our Keystone, but no more than our Coachman 27' trailer. (Except for size/space.) If you can, visit a RV Show. Chicago just had their big one for the year. Nice way to see all the options. Hope this helps!

1) do you have a list of must have's

2) do you what a popup or hard side or hybrid of the 2

3) what's your budget (abt is okay)

4) are you willing to do used or a "Park" model thats been rented at a campground for a couple of yrs.

5)What is a resonable length for you to haul (not condisering weight the first time around)

6)is the 5000 lb the tow limit on your veichle? if it is you sould look for something <500/1000 lbs.

I'll check back for your answers
and see if I or my dad can help he's been doing the camping thing for yrs. now we moved up from the ground to camper this past yr
Christy

We bought the Keystone Cabana 1950 today!! SO EXCITED!

LuvWinnie,

Congratulations! :Pinkbounc I hope your new camper brings you many years of happy camping!! My husband bought our first camper as a surprise, (what a surprise!), and now our four daughters and we love it! All the more fun at FW! :jester:

We are excited. Going to start out close by and maybe Ft. Wilderness next spring! We'd have to put our bulldog in the kennels for the day though. :(

Good idea, starying close to home on the initial run! I could probably hook it up myself, except ours is 30' long and I have a hard time backing it up. As for the dog, we have a sheltie, new to the family but almost 5. He'll be staying in the airconditioned camper with some water. At least I think so. May also find someone to stay with him at home. There are people out there who will take "foster" dogs in while you're on vacation. Cheaper than a kennel, more attention to the dog.

Let me know how that inaugural run goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter