Does DCL have last minute savings like some other lines

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Does DCL have the last minute specials like the other lines supposedly have. Also, where do you find those "deals" with the other lines. Is it directly through the cruise lines? I check tons of websites and there really never seems to be a deal, whether it is DCL, Carnival, RCCL or Celebrity or Princess, whats the real deal here.

Joanna

No, DCL does not run last minute deals like other cruise lines.

Mjasp -

I get a lot of additional email spam, but I signed up on several travel company websites and I get email offers very often with last minute deals.

One of the sites is www.mytravelco.com and they send me the Seasaver newsletter.

I also signed up with www.icruise.com and I get emails from them very often.

Cruise Locators have some low offers by email, they're at www.cruiselocators.com.

That should get you three newsletters and 'somehow', a lot of other emails too.

They do have some attractive offers, like 4 night Bahamas for $179, etc.

hope that helps

Oh, I forgot to mention that I use the newsletters for information gathering purposes only.

I doubt that I would ever book a cruise with them, I would insist on using a TA that I was certain they had a good reputation. I would ask the TA with the known reputation to come as close as they could to matching the advertised low price and then make my decision to book or not. After all, it isn't always the lowest price that is the best value.

hope that helps

Ok, talking about travel deals. try subscribing to www.travelzoo.com weekly top twenty deals. I have seen some quite good deals on there such as $99 roundtrip fairs from Oakland, CA to Honolulu, Hawaii. They do have cruise specials up there also. Now, supposedly someone posting on another DCL discussion board said they got some really great deal that way. Its good for informational purposes at the least.

Don't know if it would be considered a deal by some, but the Nov 2-9 Eastern cruise is quoted on the DCL site for only $1282 (2 adults, no insurance, no transfers, Cat 11).

For Disney, that's a last minute deal. I haven't seen a per person rate that low in a couple of years.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter