Does disney differentiate between kid & adult dining credits? Get Adult DP for a kid?

cathicool

Disney...On My Mind and In My Heart!
I know this topic has been discussed over and over again, but I can't find the answer to this question......

Is there a differentiation in adult or kid credits? We are a party of 2 adults and 3 kids, but only 1 kid is over 3.

If at the end of our trip I have a "kid" TS credit leftover, can I use it for an adult meal? Do CM "know" which credits are left ( if it's a kid or an adult credit)?

Could I purchase an adult dining plan for my 6 year old? it may be cheaper to do order an adult meal for all of them, rather than pay for her kids dining plan and get a kid meal and have to pay out of pocket for the other 2 kids who are under 3.

Also, my son is autistic and will be like a day shy of 3 when we go.....will I have a hard time about him sharing at the buffet? He also has a million dietary restrictions, so there will be very little he could actually eat at any meal anyway. I have to bring special food for him everywhere I go. I hope the restaurants/disney don't have a problem with me briniging food for him.

Thanks!

I've seen many different answers to your questions. I've seen people say that you can use the credits interchangeably and some people say absolutely not. You could probably get a more definite answer from Disney itself.

cathicool said:
I know this topic has been discussed over and over again, but I can't find the answer to this question......

Is there a differentiation in adult or kid credits? We are a party of 2 adults and 3 kids, but only 1 kid is over 3.

If at the end of our trip I have a "kid" TS credit leftover, can I use it for an adult meal? Do CM "know" which credits are left ( if it's a kid or an adult credit)?

Could I purchase an adult dining plan for my 6 year old? it may be cheaper to do order an adult meal for all of them, rather than pay for her kids dining plan and get a kid meal and have to pay out of pocket for the other 2 kids who are under 3.

Also, my son is autistic and will be like a day shy of 3 when we go.....will I have a hard time about him sharing at the buffet? He also has a million dietary restrictions, so there will be very little he could actually eat at any meal anyway. I have to bring special food for him everywhere I go. I hope the restaurants/disney don't have a problem with me briniging food for him.

Thanks!

You can't purchase the adult plan for your six year old. If you are worried about your newly turned 3 year old being charged for a buffet, talk to the CM at check in and ask their advice. It should be as simple as reminding the CM at check that your party is 2 A, 1 C and 2 under 3.

As far as ordering 2 A and 1 C counter service meal, we were there at the beginning of June and regularly ordered 2 or 3 A CS meals to share between the 2A, 2C on our plan. I'd start with seeing how far you can stretch 2 A cs meals (for sure 2 pancake platters should be plenty for your family- that would be 8 large pancakes, 4 bacon, 2 sausage patties)...and then order accordingly after that. Snack credits and refillable resort mugs make it easy to share meals, IMO.

cathicool said:

After some research, it looks like the answer is "No" there is no differentiation between kid and adult credits on your room key card. Disney does NOT keep separate banks of kid and adult credits. This is a loophole.

Disney literature says that you cannot use them interchangeably, but they rely on the guest to police himself. I have read that some CMs have taken it upon themselves to police you (e.g. if your key card says two adults, 1 kid, then they will allow you to buy two adult meals and 1 kid meal at that sitting).

If you were at a table service place, I bet the CM would allow you to purchase 3 adult meals & 1 kids meal on your key card. Is that what you wanted to do? If you are at a counter service, they have no way of really knowing who is in your party, so you can buy anything you want.

Also, it sounds like you are worried about feeding your two under 3. If that's the case, do what I did, list one as 3 (instead of 2 years old) and buy the dining plan for him. That way you could split a kid's meal among the two under 3!

cathicool said:
I He also has a million dietary restrictions, so there will be very little he could actually eat at any meal anyway. I have to bring special food for him everywhere I go. I hope the restaurants/disney don't have a problem with me briniging food for him.

as a mom of a son w/food allergies, i have to tell you that disney is amazing when it comes to helping us find food that is safe... be sure to note it on all your ADRs as well as call the restaurant itself a day or two before plus tell the host/hostess when you check in and again tell the server and ask for a chef to then walk you thru the buffet or highlight which foods are safe and which are not, at which time you can ask the chef to prepare something safe for your ds (typically alter a dish or re-create it using clean utensils to avoid cross-contamination)

also, you can get an ingredient list for most CS meals in advance so you can plan what ds can have or what you have to bring (you may be pleasantly surprised)...

good luck and ENJOY :flower:

thanks for the great info.

My son is allergic to: gluten, casein (dairy), egg, soy, corn, beef, lamb and lettuce. He also cannot tolerate artificial colors or preservatives and eats 90% organic food at home and school. So unless the disney chefs are willing to go to the WholeFoods Market, I can't imagine them feeding him quite honestly. PLUS, I think I'd be a nervous wreck worrying about cross-contamination or an honest mistake by a food prep person. It's an awesome task even for me to feed him without a mistake. 1 or 2 allergies, I could see them preparing a special dish....but I can't believe they would have organic rice pasta with organic tomato sauce (allergic to garlic too- forgot that above!). Or antibiotic and hormone free pork sausages without lambs casing. OR a dessert without flour or eggs or butter or milk.

Anyone have experience withthese many allergies and the chef's at disney?

thanks for the help!

i suggest you check over on the DISability boards as there are numerous posters w/numerous food allergies... far more than what we deal with here...

Is there anyone out there who can confirm if each person gets their own room key now? I just posted elsewhere that a Disney rep told me this morning that each person will have a room key with their dining credits on it. Sounds crazy to me!

each person does in fact get a card key with their name on it... and it can open the room if you want it to... it is also that person's park pass... and it can have charging privileges... and it will also have dining plan credits on it... but not ONLY the individual's who's name is on it, but rather a pool of credits for all people on that same reservation...

There is no point in paying for meals for a 2 year old (even if he is one day shy of 3 at check in). Consider this your bonus! Disney counts the age at check in as the age for the entire trip. It is cheaper to pay for an occasional OOP meal for him than to buy a park ticket for him...and he is free at all buffets/family style meals.

As to food restrictions/allergies, WDW is totally wonderful. They will allow you to bring your own food if you desire. They will also advise you on what is safe and/or prepare special food for the individual according to mom's instructions. Do tell them when you make ADRs and confirm 24 hours ahead.

As above, each person gets a KTTW card with his/her name on it. It will have charging on it if you desire (it is easy to not put charging on children's cards). It will also contain ALL the dining credits for the entire room. Again, you can ask them not to put the credits on the children's cards if desired. You can feed the family of 4 by presenting one card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter