• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Disney NEED to know in advance which meals we're using DP?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
I booked our ARs before we added the Dining Plan for 3 of our 14 nights in Aug. Do I need to let Disney know in advance which meals we're using for the Dining Plan? or just when we go to eat?

Disney doesn't *need* to know, BUT on those reservations that are dinner shows, you have to prepay unless you're on the dining plan. It's important in that aspect. Otherwise, no.

When I made our ADR's the CM kept asking if I was using the DDP for this meal. Because I made more Adr's than we had dining credits (we will pay oop for some) I just told her I wasn't sure on some of them. She said it wasn't a problem. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It's often more a matter of you needing them to know, rather than them needing to know. If the restaurant server knows you're on the Dining Plan, they can help steer you towards things that are covered, and away from things that are not. With all the confusion there is with the Dining Plan, its best to be guided by the server at each restaurant, since they're the ones who know how your bill will be totaled up.

bicker said:
It's often more a matter of you needing them to know, rather than them needing to know. If the restaurant server knows you're on the Dining Plan, they can help steer you towards things that are covered, and away from things that are not. With all the confusion there is with the Dining Plan, its best to be guided by the server at each restaurant, since they're the ones who know how your bill will be totaled up.

I'm pretty sure the OP was refering to making the ADR's on the phone. Of course we need to the server. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter