• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Garden Grill ALWAYS rotate?

So what happens if you realize the rotation is going to be an issue and you haven’t been served yet? For those that had problems, did you realize quickly when arriving?

I would say we started to feel off halfway through our meal.

Honestly, you don't even notice its rotating. Not even a little bit. But like a PP suggested, ask for the upper seating as the lower seating is the one that rotates.

Agree. I’m very prone to motion sickness (can’t ride Mission Space, Star Tours, Tea Cups...) and was pretty worried before our meal at GG. The rotation is very subtle...barely noticeable.

So what happens if you realize the rotation is going to be an issue and you haven’t been served yet? For those that had problems, did you realize quickly when arriving?
I get motion sickness from rides.... I get nauseated from Star Tours, Soarin, RnRc, EE, FOP, Tea Cups for example, and I didnt have an issue with GG at all. I sat at the top level and didnt even feel it move. Altough everyone is different. If you really think it'll be an issue, I would book an ADR some place else to be honest. There really is no back up plan if you get sick before the food comes.

I've only gone to the Garden Grill because it is a rotating restaurant. The food is OK but nothing special. Unless the rotation is why you are going I'd opt for somewhere else with better food like ‘Ohana assuming you are looking for a character breakfast.

I've only gone to the Garden Grill because it is a rotating restaurant. The food is OK but nothing special. Unless the rotation is why you are going I'd opt for somewhere else with better food like ‘Ohana assuming you are looking for a character breakfast.
I totally disagree with this. I've been to both recently and I find the quality and variety at GG to be much better than Ohana.

But to each their own.

I get motion sickness from rides.... I get nauseated from Star Tours, Soarin, RnRc, EE, FOP, Tea Cups for example, and I didnt have an issue with GG at all. I sat at the top level and didnt even feel it move. Altough everyone is different. If you really think it'll be an issue, I would book an ADR some place else to be honest. There really is no back up plan if you get sick before the food comes.
Thanks for sharing - I can eat in pretty much any condition and not have an issue :tongue:, but we do have one person in our group that gets sick on things like the teacups. I hadn’t considered the rotation might even be an issue until reading OP post. I am the planner of the group so I want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, but I think I may be overthinking this one. I will just ask her and see what she thinks and adjust accordingly!

Being really prone to motion sickness, I can say that if you are really sensitive to it, be careful - yes, you can hardly
sense the rotation as you are eating,
HOWEVER, you MIGHT feel
it after you eat - last time
we went (and I can no longer eat there), I felt "off" the rest of the evening -

Being really prone to motion sickness, I can say that if you are really sensitive to it, be careful - yes, you can hardly
sense the rotation as you are eating,
HOWEVER, you MIGHT feel
it after you eat - last time
we went (and I can no longer eat there), I felt "off" the rest of the evening -
Sorry you ended up feeling off the rest of the evening. Thanks for sharing your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter