Does my friend need her own MDE account?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
I'm going to WDW in July with a friend. I have a MDE account that I've used for years for my family (my DH and kids never had their own accounts). She may have an account from several years ago - I'm not sure, but I think the last time she was at WDW was 2019.

Should she create/reactivate her own account or should I just add her to mine?

I've already purchased After Hours tickets for both of us, so those are currently showing up in my account and I just purchased my park ticket. She is going to purchase her ticket today and I'm not sure what to tell her.

Thank you!

It will probably be easier if you just create a profile for her in your F&F list and link her park ticket and AH ticket to that profile. If she decides to reactivate her MDE before your trip, it’s not difficult to link the two profiles, which would transfer the tickets to her MDE. You would still be able to plan for her, book Genie+LLs and VQ, etc. either way.

Just following up on this as I’m in the same position with my in laws staying in a 2 bedroom with us in June. How do I link the profile created for them under my account, with the new MDE account they created for themselves? I already linked their park tickets to their profiles under my account, I hope that doesn’t screw things up.

Just following up on this as I’m in the same position with my in laws staying in a 2 bedroom with us in June. How do I link the profile created for them under my account, with the new MDE account they created for themselves? I already linked their park tickets to their profiles under my account, I hope that doesn’t screw things up.

If you go to your Friends and Family and under connect with this guest, you can send an email to the email they used to set up the account and that should merge the two.

If you go to your Friends and Family and under connect with this guest, you can send an email to the email they used to set up the account and that should merge the two.
Thank you so much! I was able to see the option to connect to their email, I appreciate the help! One last question, only my MIL made an account, should linking to her account be sufficient or should I ask my father in law to make one as well? Sorry for these questions… we go 2-3 times per year but this account stuff with extra people is just thoroughly confusing me even though I’d consider myself a Disney pro.

Thank you so much! I was able to see the option to connect to their email, I appreciate the help! One last question, only my MIL made an account, should linking to her account be sufficient or should I ask my father in law to make one as well? Sorry for these questions… we go 2-3 times per year but this account stuff with extra people is just thoroughly confusing me even though I’d consider myself a Disney pro.

Hmmm....I don't know how to merge two managed profiles.

So I am the "official" planner for my family (generally it's my family of 4, but my two DSs are 20 and 18, my mom and occasionally my MIL). When my boys got older, they needed to create their own MDE accts so they could mobile order, make their own LL reservations, etc if they decided to go off on their own. My mom also has her own acct. I was able to link all three accounts to mine so if we are all together and I can manage them all. Because my MIL lived with us, she didn't feel the need to have her own acct (and frankly, is not tech savvy at all)! I would think that everyone should have their own account and then be linked (e.g even though my dad has only gone with us once, he has his own acct but my mom and he are linked to her acct and I have him linked on my acct).

If your FIL is linked to your MIL as F&F, he does not need his own MDE. But you do need to follow the prompts in your F&F to link the profile there to the new profile in your MIL’s MDE.

If your FIL is not in your MIL’s F&F (is only in yours), you don’t need to do anything to be able to book Genie+, VQ, etc. for him, but your MIL won’t “see” him and won’t be able to book for him.

T
If your FIL is linked to your MIL as F&F, he does not need his own MDE. But you do need to follow the prompts in your F&F to link the profile there to the new profile in your MIL’s MDE.

If your FIL is not in your MIL’s F&F (is only in yours), you don’t need to do anything to be able to book Genie+, VQ, etc. for him, but your MIL won’t “see” him and won’t be able to book for him.
This is so helpful!!! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter