Does Sea World get busy on Sundays or should we change to Monday?

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
Seaworld on Sunday would work best for where we will be but we could change some things and go on Monday (Thanksgiving week). Is Seaworld the kind of place where it gets busy since there are not your standard "rides" or does it get crowds like everywhere else where you need to stand in line and wait? Also have the option of doing the Zoo on Sunday if that is a better choice?

The ride lines tend to be loooong... like 2-3 hour wait time... i wont suggest riding it... we usually just check out the aquarium and shows, then go out of park to eat, then come back for night performance if they still have them...

The longest wait I have seen at Sea World on a weekend is 45 minutes. We do the Atlantis ride when we first get there. There will be lines for purchasing fish if you want to feed the seals, sea lions, dolphins and rays. Try to get into line about 10 minutes before the fish station opens.

A side note, more and more schools in San Diego have the entire week of Thanksgiving off.

Tink33 said:
A side note, more and more schools in San Diego have the entire week of Thanksgiving off.

So I guess that means that it doesn't matter what we do when, it will all be busy!! :rolleyes:

If you can go on Monday, that's when I would go. We were there a few weeks ago on a Saturday and I was surprised at how crowded they were. They were only open until 6 p.m. that day. Luckily we have AP so we can leave if it's too crowded. It wasn't that day, but the major shows filled-up fast. In May I bought the Platinum AP and boy am I spoiled now! :goodvibes With the Platinum pass you get reserved special seating-no waiting 30-45 mins. for the show to start. Just have to arrive 10 minutes before and even if the show is closed due to reaching capacity you just have to show them your "Platinum" and go right in-it was great! We arrived at noon, saw Dolphin show, Seamore and Clyde show, and Shamu (Believe) and also did the Polar Expedition (no line privelages there), rode the buckets (waited about 20 mins. ) and we left the park before 4:30. We didn't ride Atlantis that day, we didn't want to get wet!

If you're going in November, I don't think the line for Atlantis will be too bad. More likely than not, it'll be cool (or cold) out. Make sure to bring and wear your ponchos-as the signs say-you will get wet, you might get soaked!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter