Does this sound right??

happyhopper

Earning My Ears
I am renting points from a DVC member that lives about 125 miles from me for June at OKW. This is the e-mail I received this morning. I need to pay him but I wanted to do a last check. I do have the confirmation letter and reservation number.

"Attached is the Confirmation for your Disney Vacation.
This new confirmation shows that the Reservation is in your name. This is a new policy for Disney.
We can do the confirmation conference call soon to make sure that I have given Disney all of the correct information. Make sure you bring a Photo ID preferably with address shown on the Confirmation Letter. The Confirmation Letter itself will not get you into your Lodging at Disney. You need not bring a copy of the Letter with you but, it does have some helpful information.
Call or email if you have any questions. If you want to add the Disney meal plan we will have to do so several days prior to your arrival.
If you email me that you are ready for the conference call I will set it up and get you on the line if I am capable at that time."

Any comments are appreciated beings this is our first time renting.:)

Sounds OK to me. Member Services will no longer talk to non-owners directly to confirm reservations or add the Dining Plan or Magical Express, all of that needs to be done for you by the member or during a conference call.

Even with that confirmation letter, renting is a matter of trust. If Member Services confirmed the reservation, the DVC member could still cancel it at any time, if they are of an unscrupulous nature. That is the nature of renting, you get a good price vs Disney, but assume more risk.

Given that this owner is willing to do a conference call, it gives me the impression that this is a legitimate transaction.

Sounds like a very conscientous renter. All of the information is correct and concise, and he is very willing to let you speak to MS with his help, since you are not able to do so anyway.

Thanks for the information and quick response. I have no reason not to trust him b/c he has been upfront from the beginning BUT one more check couldn't hurt.

Thanks Again!

Sounds good to me too. But make sure you also have a contact phone number for this person, not just e-mail communication only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter