• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does your Magic Band fall off?

I've had them come undone multiple times but use sliders to hold them on. My daughter was glad she had a slider on with her new Dooney MB this trip. She looked at her wrist and saw it was unsnapped but the slider saved it.

Ours fell off on our last trip at least once per day. It was actually quite annoying. That said, it was only when trying to wrangle something out of the backpack or stroller.

My son lost a Boba Fett one he had purchased. Of course it was once he bought, and not one we got with our room... It was never recovered. We have since received out AP sliders and use those, but I love the clear hairband idea.

Unless you catch the tab on something - or don't make it totally secure in the first place - this really isn't something I would worry about.

I "play" with mine all the time - and this past year with my AP wristband - the nubs got a bit looser - it was "easier" to pull open. But it still never came off.

Mine never fell off and I was wrangling 2 toddlers, taking ponchos on and off in the rain, constantly digging through my backpack, folding and unfolding our stroller, etc. My 3 year old’s never fell off either.

Doesn’t mean it couldn’t fall off, though! We just haven’t had any issues on any of our trips with magic bands.

Last edited:
I've only had problems with one band, but it was bad. That particular one popped off several times, including riding Space Mountain (thankfully, it fell inside the coaster). I think most of them are fine, but if you get a bad one it might be worth asking for a replacement. Not worth the stress of losing it if it won't stay on.

I feel like the little tabs just wont hold up to wrangling kids. Have you ever had yours fall off? I found those little rectangle sliders like watches have on Etsy and I was temped to order some, but at $2 a piece plus shipping, they are expensive for all 5 of us if not necessary.

No, we've never any issues with them falling off. The tabs are hard to snap into place and fit really snug. One thing that could make them come off is if they are caught on something. Children have a habit of sliding their arms on things as they walk, and if so, can see how they could catch the ends of the band and they would snap off.

Make them more aware, or as I saw some parents do recently, as soon as the family went through the entrance of the park, they gathered the bands and put them away. Only need to be used in the parks for FP's. That would sure solve your problem!! :)

Both our children lost theirs last trip. My son's was the limited edition Black Panther one and he was very upset. Luckily Lost & Found recovered both and mailed them to us!

The 2.0's just keep falling off ..I carry backups but haven't lost mine yet since I always notice when it comes undone.

It does mostly come undone rubbing against my daughter as I hold her or it rubs on my camera or bag.

Mine fell off several times, often after holding on during a ride. One time I found it right away in my seat, but another time I didn't realize it until later and had to walk back through the park until my husband saw it lying on the ground. After that I just kept it in my backpack.

No, we've never any issues with them falling off. The tabs are hard to snap into place and fit really snug. One thing that could make them come off is if they are caught on something. Children have a habit of sliding their arms on things as they walk, and if so, can see how they could catch the ends of the band and they would snap off.

Make them more aware, or as I saw some parents do recently, as soon as the family went through the entrance of the park, they gathered the bands and put them away. Only need to be used in the parks for FP's. That would sure solve your problem!! :)

We have 5 brand new bands that just came this weekend and the tabs aren’t tight. That’s why I was curious. They don’t seem to lock tightly, and with a backpack, stroller, baby wearing in a carrier and a camera strap, I have plenty to get hooked on.

And last trip daughter (age 12) had hers fall off on the plane ride down. Discovered after we disembarked. So glad the grey ones were waiting for us at check in at CSR.
Yes, they can fall off. We will not be wearing them on the plane this year.

The 2.0's just keep falling off ..I carry backups but haven't lost mine yet since I always notice when it comes undone..

I was just thinking how many people are commenting on 2.0s. Our last trip (first with 2.0s) we had a lot of issues with our bands falling off. DHs was first. Fell off multiple times and he ended up using a tie wrap which kept it on permanently. A couple days into our trip my started falling off so we went ahead and did the same thing. I think one of the kids knocked theirs off once. My MIL was knocking hers off on her Kavu bag strap. We'd never had one come off in previous trips.

Yes, should have clarified I guess - talking about 2.0 only as that’s what I have

Hadn't heard any issues about the 2's before - ours were very tight, in fact, the first time putting them on was an effort. We have several sets of each kind. Maybe some of the little 'nubs' are not as large as others! :confused3

We found three of them in the Big Blue Pool at AoA in May.

DH's has come off once in 4 trips. DS5's came loose several times but he has small wrists so it's hard to get both tabs in and he plays with it constantly because he doesn't like wearing it. Neither DH nor DS actually lost a band though. We do carry last year's bands in our bag just in case so we have an immediate replacement if one gets lost.

I never had an issue at all with the original MBs. My DH has not had any problems with his 2.0. But I have. In January, I noticed it came unsnapped a few times. In April, it fell off 2 or 3 times where I noticed & caught it. On our last day, I actually lost it while standing watching the O'Canada movie. We went from there to lunch at Le Cellier. I didn't even notice it was gone until I went to pay with a room charge. Had to have DH scan his band instead. We went back to the movie entrance & they had found the band. Unfortunately it had already been sent thru to the lost & found system & we couldn't hang around to get it. I did call lost & found the next day & they mailed it back to me.

I do have several bands but that trip I wore the same one the whole time. It had my AP slider on it so I did want that back. I didn't have the slider securing the end of the band, I'll have to retry that next trip. I won't wear that band again tho. I don't know if it was that particular band or what but it sure was different from my other experiences. And pretty annoying.

We use bitbelts as well. Large fots an adult magic band and the small fit the kid’s magic band and my Fitbit.

My Fitbit comes undone a lot as well as us having issues with MB in the past so the bitbelts come in handy.

My husband’s fell off once at MK. He thought it might have come loose or undone while helping our young son in the restroom. He retraced his steps but never did find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter