Doing It Deluxe, Indulgence for 14 Nights... With Pics!! **Update: CALIFORNIA GRILL**

Thanks for the update. :goodvibes My 13 year old would get a huge kick out of Prime Time and would enjoy the "misbehaving" but my 9 year old is horrified to have any attention brought to him.:scared1:

I hate to admit that I've been "lurking" your dining report from the beginning. But I love reading it so much I had to finally comment. Every time I read one of your updates it gets me more and more excited to try new places on our next trip. Can't wait to read more!!

thanks for the really good detailed reviews. helped swing a few of my choices i made for this upcoming trip a bit easier.

Sounds like you had a ball at 50s PT - we have been there twice and, on our first visit, our experience was much like yours. Lots of tomfoolery and larking about. The second visit not so much - 50s PT without the messing about is not half as good.

Great Update ! I think I would like it not sure about the family!!But I would be a bubble blowing and hiding my veggies !!

The PB & J malt sounds great! My DH and I went to Primetime on our honeymoon. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't very memorable.

Love the reviews! We actually got Uncle Tom as our server when we went to 50's Prime Time this past August. He was quite the character. :rotfl:

Love the face in the Pot Pie.

My Mom got scolded by another waitress (not ours!) because she was being nosy. And our waiter fed me my "greens" because I didn't finish all the letuce in my salad. We love 50s!

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thought the Luau food looked good. Quite deceptive for sure!

Crab Cake Boy finds the 50's Prime Time a bit lacking. Maybe it was because those crabs were heading for the hills. ;) I have eaten alone in the Tune-In Lounge and seated at a table. Depends on my mood. The food used to be a lot better, but I still find it acceptable. I am usually torn between the fried chicken, chicken pot pie or the meatloaf. I have an internal struggle to figure out which comfort food wins. :)

And I'm boring because I always had gotten the s'mores. Now that they serve that dessert half the size they used to, I could finish it off. :)

Oh and I loved Mary's chicken pot pie man. She really is creative!

Just catching up on the review! These are great! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the update. :goodvibes My 13 year old would get a huge kick out of Prime Time and would enjoy the "misbehaving" but my 9 year old is horrified to have any attention brought to him.:scared1:

Checking in again to say I'm really enjoying your reviews. :)

I hate to admit that I've been "lurking" your dining report from the beginning. But I love reading it so much I had to finally comment. Every time I read one of your updates it gets me more and more excited to try new places on our next trip. Can't wait to read more!!

thanks for the really good detailed reviews. helped swing a few of my choices i made for this upcoming trip a bit easier.

I just want to say a quick thank you to all of you who have been reading the reviews and taking the time to comment, it is great to see some new ones along with some very faithful ones!!!

Not much time to do individual replies right now, but the good news is...

Coming up next......

Citricos for Dinner

I will try and get this one posted later tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for tuning in!
:surfweb: :thanks: :disrocks: :thanks: :surfweb:

Wow, I have been waiting a long time for your Citricos review and it is almost here. I can't wait to hear what you thought. I want to go there for my 40th bday next month and I can't decide for sure. It will just be my husband and I. The kids are staying home for school and we will be down for two nights. Thanks for any thoughts you can give me.

The 50s PT review sounded great! We are trying this place out in a couple of weeks but I'm not sure how well I will take getting "scolded" for something. I'm sure I'll find it wildly amusing if they scold DH though. I'm just sayin'. :teeth:

I got kinda busy and wasn't able to fit any time in for the DIS the last couple of days....

I am working on the Citricos review right now and will post today within a couple hours!

I got kinda busy and wasn't able to fit any time in for the DIS the last couple of days....

I am working on the Citricos review right now and will post today within a couple hours!

We all understand that RL get in the way of DIS-ing sometimes:scared1:

Can't wait to read your Citrico's review as that is probably our favorite Disney restaurant.

Citricos, Dinner, 09-24-08

Our reservation was for 6: 15pm.
We arrived a few minutes early and hardly had a wait at all, jut enough time for the hostess to seat the party that had arrived just before us. If you have never been here, it is in the Grand Floridian, and the waiting area shares with the entrance to Victoria and Alberts.

We were celebrating an anniversary of sorts on this evening and the hostess noticed this, and presented us with a couple nice surprises along the way.

JoJo was not feeling her best and looked very worried about eat this meal, so I offered to share my meal with her and if she decided later that she was hungry, we could get something later at the resort. Just so everyone knows, we received no issues from the restaurant about sharing and they were very accommodating, even bringing our entree out already split on 2 plates.

This is a pic of a menu, and one of our unexpected surprises were menus that said Happy Anniversary, which they allowed Mary to keep one for scrapbooking.
DSC06518.jpg

Some pictures of the cooking area and the bar.

DSC06538.jpg

DSC06539.jpg

DSC06540.jpg

DSC06519.jpg

JoJo's contribution to the cause of Mickey!

DSC06524.jpg

The Bread

We enjoyed this bread very much and finished it off!
DSC06520.jpg

Appetizer

We all had the same appetizer, we ordered 2 and DD and I shared.

Sauteed Shrimp - Stracinati Pasta, Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese $14.00
Yes, I know there is a crab cake on the menu here... I struggled with getting ir or not, but the flavor combination of this dish sounded too good to pass up. I am glad I decided on this, because it was delicious!

DSC06525.jpg

DSC06526.jpg

This is a picture after we split it up a bit.

DSC06527.jpg

Entrees

DW
Braised Veal Shank - With carrot-potato puree, toasted citrus gremolada and roasted veggies. - $46.00
Mary was not sure what she wanted off the menu so I helped by suggesting this, she was very nervous as she had never had veal, or a "shank" before. She was very pleasantly surprised how wonderful this dish satisfied her!!! This was full of flavor and falling off the bone tender!! The veggies and puree were very good as well. This is at the top of my, "order it the next time list".

DSC06530.jpg

ME & DD
Bone-In Ribeye - Served with wood roasted spanish onions, Fingerling potatoes, lemon rosemary butter and a veal glace de viande. - $43.00
Again we shared this entree and it came out already split onto 2 plates for us. I was happy that we split, because even the split portions were plenty!! It was very good, the steak was done just as we ordered it "medium", and it was tender.

DSC06528.jpg

DSC06529.jpg

Desserts

DW & ME
Warm Chocolate Banana Tart - vanilla ice cream and caramelized bananas $8.00
This would be our 2nd surprise of the evening, we ordered this dessert, but it came out all pretty for an anniversary celebration, how very nice. I loved this dessert, very rich and creamy chocolate with a good banana flavor! And then give a big towering decoration made of pure chocolate... "I Love It"! I want some more!!!!!

DSC06534.jpg

DD
Tiramisu - with chocolate and vanilla sauces $8.00
JoJo shared this with everyone. It was good, in fact we had the Tiramisu at Tutto Italia, and I liked this one better. I think because this one was a bit more mild in flavor and more creamy.

DSC06537.jpg

Beverages
DD Ice Water
DW Coke - $2.29
ME Hot Tea, Press Pot - $5.95

DSC06532.jpg

Beverage $ 8.24
Food $ 135.00
Tax $ 9.32
Total $ 152.56

Service
The service here was superb! From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left, the feeling here was that the customer was important, and the image of the service provided by the restaurant was a high priority. Very classy service.

Atmosphere
While I say the service felt classy, I didn't think the restaurant felt very classy. I mean it was very nice, don't get me wrong, but.... the restaurant atmosphere felt the most casual of any of the other signature restaurants that are in the resorts. While you could have a romantic dinner here, it would be my last choice on the signature list for romance. It does however land on the top of the list for signature locations that I would take the family to. When we left the restaurant there was an orchestra/band playing in the balcony of the lobby.

Food
All the food was absolutely delicious. Large portions that are suitable for sharing on several of the selections. Great presentation.

Overall

A very well rounded restaurant. A very nice and memorable experience. I would suggest this location to just about anybody, with a reminder that it is a signature restaurant and it is on the expensive side. This would not be the first place we would choose to return to, but there is definitely nothing that would keep us away.

Great Food, Wonderful Service, Casual but elegant atmosphere.

We love Citrico's for all the reasons you mentioned:thumbsup2

The veal shank is my absolutely favorite dish! The gateau of crab is very good too although the appetizer you had looks delicious.

Thanks for the photos ... now I am really hungry:lmao:

Tasty report and pics! :thumbsup2

I have to visit all of these 2 credit restaurants vicariously through you, as as long as we have little ones we will not be going to any of them. LOL

Thanks!

The Citricos review looked and sounded fab. I heavily considered this location but ultimately went with Narcoosee's. We'll definitely have to try this out next time.

Awesome review! Now I want to go there on our next trip!

We love Citrico's for all the reasons you mentioned:thumbsup2

The veal shank is my absolutely favorite dish! The gateau of crab is very good too although the appetizer you had looks delicious.

Thanks for the photos ... now I am really hungry:lmao:

Tasty report and pics! :thumbsup2

I have to visit all of these 2 credit restaurants vicariously through you, as as long as we have little ones we will not be going to any of them. LOL

Thanks!

Citrico's is at the top of my list for next trip!:thumbsup2

The Citricos review looked and sounded fab. I heavily considered this location but ultimately went with Narcoosee's. We'll definitely have to try this out next time.

Great reviews and pictures!

Loving your reviews and we really like Citricos. Glad you enjoyed it too.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment! :thumbsup2 :) :goodvibes
Are those chips in the glass vase that the flower is in?

:3dglasses Good eye you have there... yes they are chips in the glass. I forgot to mention that. You would think that they would get rid of that. I guess the rest of the experience was good enough that it over-shadowed the chipped vase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter