Dollar 50% off jeep cherokee

I just changed our reservations from a full size which was $165 including taxes, to the Jeep for $197 for week of 11/17 Great price thanks for the tip!!!!!

The coupon looks like it was from a paper or magazine and scanned in and put on the web. Is this ok? Will they accept a computer printed version?

I just made my res and came out $20 cheaper than the full size I have reserved at National. Just want to double check the coupon before cancelling my full size. I would hate to get there and end up paying$470!!!!!

Originally posted by WDW2002
The coupon itself say "print out the "attached" coupon."

Thanks, I couldn't read it on line. I'll print it now :D

I called the Dollar helpline and asked if everything was O.K. with my res. she read the whole coupon and we went over it all and she said it was O.K. I am renting on the last day of the coupon so that was my big concern especially since it is over the holiday.

Last night I asked about using the code for another car class, since when I put the code in a got a cheaper rate. Well, DH called Dollar, and asked them about it. They said that the lower rate I got with the ecomomy and compact classes were the new lower rates. The system just didn't know what to do with the code on these car classes, so it gave me the regular rate.

Anyway...all this to say that if you haven't checked the rates lately, you may be pleasantly surprised :D . Our origianl rate was for an economy car using a code from mousesavers, our new rate is cheaper, and it is for a compact car.

Here's what happened to me.

I booked a rental at Dollar using a code-got a great rate
(or so I thought) - no problem.

You are allowed to modify your reservation online if you
have a confirmation/reservation #.

A new code came out -so I went online for a quote and
it was $75.00 less than my "already" good rate.

When I went to modify my reservation it wouldn't take the new code and increased my rental by $200. and wouldn't honour the original code I had gotten.

The people at Dollar are very good. When I called the online help desk # and explained what happened after a bit of trial and error she was able to get me back to my original rate.

The long and short of it:
I guess if you want to apply another code to your existing reservation you should do it via a phone call and ask for a confirmation to be email or faxed to you-don't do it online.

Originally posted by Pluto4President
either that or first make a new ressie then cancel the old...

That's what I've been doing. I don't think you can combine codes anyway. What if you forget to cancel a ressie? Are you responsible for a fee? They don't require credit card info so I'm just curious how it works. (I'm keeping track of my ressies anyway)

I got the Jeep for about $100 less than a minivan for our Dec 6-11 trip. I am so excited, was looking for something cheaper, but its difficult to find something for 5 plus luggage.

I did have a mid-size car booked with L&M + a free upgrade coupon until the Jeep promotion with Dollar came out. For only $12 more, I now get an SUV! Hooray! I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee so I'm more comfortable in an SUV than a car.

Also, I applied for Fastlane yesterday by fax and called today to get my fastlane number. Then I had to call Dollar's reservations and get my reservation for next Monday applied to my fastlane #. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Thanks to Mary at Mousesavers for the heads-up on the Jeep coupon.

Donna

P.S. I forgot to mention but when I spoke with the reservations person, she told me that this was a special promotion with Jeep to test drive their product and we would get a $500 off coupon in the mail to use on the purchase of a new Jeep.

This offer is also available for rentals from Enterprise or Thrifty as well as Dollar car rental.

Can find more info at http://www.pcpages.com/rentalcodes/

There is also a link to the ORIGINAL DOLLAR JEEP coupon from the Dollar website through the above site. (The mousesavers one is a copy)

I could not see any code for the Jeep through the website for National. Was there a special place to look?

Well, I can read LOL, Sorry! I guess I just wanted to rent from National.;)

I made a reservation about a week ago when this deal first came out. For the heck of it, I made another reservation 20 minutes ago with the same dates/times. To my surprise, I save almost $10 more on my base rate prior to the discount.

The moral of the story is, even if you made a reservation, continue to check Dollar for lower base rates on your reservations. The money I saved is parking at one of the parks for the day ;)

I checked this on 11/7 and received a rate of $194 for 12/1-12/6.

Just checked tonight and my total is $154.40!! I think I will switch. I had National EA fullsize booked for $178, so we will try Dollar this time!

Thanks, Mary and Thanks, Pluto for the heads up!!

We can use the extra luggage room for the golf clubs!;)

I tried yesterday to check the rates to see if they had changed. My rate was still the same, so I tried again this morning. Well it went up $20.00! So I am happy with my rate. $428.00 for 16 days, tax etc. included. Mickey here I come.....:p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter