Dollar- Great Code

travlnman1

Been there..done that..going back!
Just booked a mini-van with Dollar.
Used code GLOBE
Rate was 199.00 per week.
KISS and FISH are good discounted rates too, but GLOBE is better!
:pinkbounc

i used that code for 4/13-21 but its 39.99 for an extra day, yikes!! still best rate around. L&M has that same rate without a code for all those daring to try them.

I just booked a compact car for mid May and I got a rate lower with the KISS code. Maybe the Globe code is just for minii-vans???

GLOBE is for the mini-van, we booked it too. Kills me, I am in Canada, the total for 10 days US is under $400, but in CDN Funds it's $650.00! I had it in my head $300 CDN for a car. dh loves having a bigger vehicle. So this will be the third trip with either a van or SUV ~ think we are spoiled now!

I booked a compact with an FVG code and got a rate lower than I could with KISS for a week in May. Found the code on mousesavers.com.

When I tried the FVG code it was $153.99 for a week for a compact car and with KISS the total is $139.99 for the same time, same car. Maybe it is because I am picking up the car at the airport but returning it to Marriott Courtyard Hotel in Downtown Disney??? I just tried it again, thinking maybe the rates had changed since I made the reservation last night but it is still excatly the same.

Originally posted by SandraC
GLOBE is for the mini-van, we booked it too. Kills me, I am in Canada, the total for 10 days US is under $400, but in CDN Funds it's $650.00! I had it in my head $300 CDN for a car. dh loves having a bigger vehicle. So this will be the third trip with either a van or SUV ~ think we are spoiled now!

Know what you mean. I am booking my first trip. Trying to book offsite to save so thought would probably need wheels. Saw the quote using GLOBE. Thought it would great be to get a vehicle for $199 especially a minivan. However the extra days (to make up 10) is $40 X 3 + $199 = 320 + insurance converted into US$ is like what CAD $ 1.60 per US $1.00. Our money bites big. Am I whining yet. Maybe with the extra dough on a car I could stay on site.

If anyone could help we'd really appreciate it! We will be traveling with 9 people to Florida on May 16 - May 26. We're looking for cheap rates for a passanger van or an rv. Does the codes for dollar (GLOBE) work for passanger vans and if so, how does it work? We're all nervous about flying this year and we got a great! deal on our lodging arrangements. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi Noriel,

It depends on where you are looking to rent and what state. Dollar has many locations but they aren't located here in South Jersey. I'm 30 minutes from Philly Airport (close to Cherry Hill area). Are you around any Avis rental agencies? They have a great deal on a full size van for the dates you mentioned (I checked Avis online in Cherry Hill, Philly airport was $90 higher for same van), total with taxs is $408.29 for a Chevrolet Venture (insurance not included) or similar with free unlimited miles for 10 days. You don't need to get the insurance if your insurance company covers rentals, but check with them first. We have Liberty Mutual which covers rentals, most do. You will need a rate code and AWD number to get this price at Avis and I can give that to you if interested. You can call or make reservations on line at www.avis.com.

RobinLyn :)

Thanks RobinLynn for responding but we already checked Avis and Doller. We can't get a full size van because they said it's only good for 8 people and we need it for 9. That's why we're considering an RV or passenger van. Thanks!

Hi...In my humble opinion, we always rent two cars instead of one van....price is about the same and then we have much for freedom to come and go from parks, stay longer in one place for the younger crew, or separate to shop or golf or swim or whatever.....good luck...no matter how much we like each other to get 9 people to agree on anything is a challenge, Ted

No, we're looking for only 1 vehicle for 9 people. We want to make it down there in the least amount of time without stopping. The men will be driving (taking turns of course) and as far as people not agreeing on what to do, I don't think we'll be having a problem since the rest of the people are the two wives, three toddlers and two newborns. We're going with my cousin and her husband. This is their first time going down and they want to do whatever we do because they don't know what to do. Any other advice?????

NORIENJ...
We are shopping around for transpo from MCO to DLC
and in need of transportation for 17 people. Several
on the cruise brd have recommend http://rentvans.com/
which might be worth checking out. Good Luck!

I just wrote them an e:mail. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if they could accommodate us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter