Dollar was great!

Dad of 5

Isn't this what money is for?
We just got back from our trip (grr) - Thursday 11/14 through Monday 11/18.

After checking around all the majors, we booked the smallest class of car through Dollar - initial rate of $22.99, which was at least $2/day cheaper than the others. Signed up for Fastlane, the free frequent-renter program, and had the packet in a couple of weeks.

Checked back later to see about other discounts, and found the rate had dropped to about $20.89. BUT - the next class up was $20.44. Well heck, we bumped up to the next larger (!) class with a slightly smaller rate.

Showed up at the counter (IN the airport at Orlando). (NOTE: Had to fend off a testy customer that didn't realize we were in the special, gold-dusted Fastlane line - with no waiting. Upon realizing his poor, wretched state ... "Oh, sorry.")

Gave the agent the upgrade coupon, and was presented with a couple of upgrade options in the intermediate class - one of which, to DW's complete delight, was a PT Cruiser. SOLD! No problem with completing the transaction, a quick walk across the way to the pickup lot, and we're on our way.

Interlude: It was soooooooooo nice to have the option of a car, even while staying on-site.

Return was easy, except for the need to find a gas station "about 5 to 10 miles at most" from the airport. If you're doing the Greeneway, just look carefully for the exit that has the Home Depot nearby. I think the north entrance to the airport was a better bet for getting close gasoline.

Checkin was fast (but slowed down by my plan to pay for the rental with a different card than the one used at the outset) - agents were friendly.

Highly recommend Dollar.

I also just used Dollar in Orlando 11/13-11/18, we had a reservation for a Dodge Neon and they upgraded us to a 2002 Sebring Convertible. Transaction was quick and painless - I'll use them again!

Did you ask to be upgraded or did they just offer??

Just curious, I was about to upgrade my reservation but I might wait till we get there first since we are going to be in Orlando at a sum what "off season"

thanks so much

We didn't ask at all or have a coupon. While pulling up our reservation the guy asked what we were in Orlando for and we told him we were there for our honeymoon at Disneyworld. He said (with a big wink), well I think we are out of Compacts - how does a 2002 Sebring Convertible sound?

I'm sure it depends on the employee, but this guy was really nice as were the guys there when we returned the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter