Donald's Defiant Dashers 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Liz: We stayed at Kidani last year during the Wine N Dine. It is a nice place. We didn't have a view of the main savanna, but we had red river pigs and okapis, that was cool.

I am open for an early and late duck drop and Osborne lights visit. I figure I can catch up on my sleep when I get back to work the following week. :surfweb:
The information board at Sunset & Vine is fine for a early meet up and the Miss Piggy fountain for the 7 Osborne lights meetup.

I just saw the RunDisney announcement about the Tower of Terror 10 mile run on September 29th and moving the Wine n Dine to November. That really throws a wrench in my plans next year. Debbie and I were planning on doing the relay next year, so we can enjoy the after party this time, but the ToT 10 miler run sounds really cool. I don't think we can do both, we are hoping to book Alani in Hawaii for next Christmas. I guess I have my new incentive to sell more signs next year like this year.:wizard:
Well I am at work right now, so I should get off the computer and make some calls, I got a lot of running to do next year.
Joe

Hello Ducks! Really getting close now! Meeting at MGM sounds good, i will be there. Can't pass on some elevator rides! As to meeting at the race, Joe and I met in the big lot, and it is a long walk to the race start, so we can arrange a meet place near a water spot of by the bag drop. I seem to remember it seemed darker than the wait for W&D. I am going to be at BW. Liz, you will like Kidani, I stayed there during the EE race last year. Actually, I split my stay with BLT, Reneee, you are in a really nice place. Can't beat a monorail ride!

The new race sounds like fun, but it will make me choose between that and W&D, I think. Actually, not enough points so I will have to choose. I did the old ToT race when it was a 15K, and liked it a lot. And I think I like that time of year a little better. I guess I have a few months to decide. I did make reservations for May for the EE race, I can always change them.

Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy new Year!

Getting there earlier would be a problem for me. I arrive on Friday, have to check in, hit the expo and Liz and I were going to have dinner in DTD. But if that works better for everyone, no worries. I definitely plan on being there that evening to see the lights.

I'll be checking in and going to the expo on Friday also. I'm bagging the ADR I have with friends, as we'll see each other all week, so that's not a big deal for me.

Do you plan to dilly at the expo? Or maybe dally at the expo? Or gosh forbid, will you dilly-dally at the expo?!? THAT might be the problem. That, or your arrival time into Orlando might be it. My flight lands around 11 AM, so getting to DHS by 5:30 or 6 PM seems pretty do-able for me. I also know that you and Liz don't see each other all that often anymore, so a catch-up dinner in DTD is probably in order.

I just noticed Joe said he and Deb were gonna be there well before 7 PM, so it dawned on me that maybe we could all have an earlier evening. By the time we ride the elevator and go see the lights, it'll probably be pushing 8:30 or 9 PM. Then there's the 40-60 minute transportation back to our resorts.

And then. The dreaded 4 AM on the bus/monorail on Saturday morning to EPCOT. Ughhhh.

In any case, I may head over early and catch up with Joe, Deb, Karin, and more than likely Augie. Hope to see you, too! I'll find something decent to eat in the park. I'll catch up with Liz on Saturday morning via text.

12 miler planned on Monday. Still feeling healthy, so that's good!

Merry Christmas to all!

Hello Ducks,

Liznboys, Maddykins, carrisanboys. Getting ready for my first half.
Registered at POR Riverside. Check in Friday. Never been to a Marathon weekend should be an adventure to say the least. Hoping to drive down and arrive by noon.

Are any of the Ducks meeting anywhere for dinner? I'll probably head to DTD somewhee.

Walking the first half. I worked up my pace to 12 minute miles! Yaaay. :)

Looking forward to this and maybe meeting some of you also.
Thanks for the tips and advice given.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Well, I'm kind of in the same pond as Liz. (pun totally intended. ;) ) Staying at POP also, a little dillying at the Expo on Friday, not too much dallying though, and then back to POP for the official WISH meet at 4-4:30. I plan on meeting Kristi, Dale to my Chip. Or Chip to my Dale, what-have-you, at the WISH meet. Then I'm off to DTD for dinner as well. No park plans until Sunday (Epcot, then MK) , so no meeting at DHS. Sounds like a good time though!

Are there any plans at 0'dark thirty prior to the relay/marathon on Sunday?

I'll be checking in and going to the expo on Friday also. I'm bagging the ADR I have with friends, as we'll see each other all week, so that's not a big deal for me.

Do you plan to dilly at the expo? Or maybe dally at the expo? Or gosh forbid, will you dilly-dally at the expo?!? THAT might be the problem. That, or your arrival time into Orlando might be it. My flight lands around 11 AM, so getting to DHS by 5:30 or 6 PM seems pretty do-able for me. I also know that you and Liz don't see each other all that often anymore, so a catch-up dinner in DTD is probably in order.

I just noticed Joe said he and Deb were gonna be there well before 7 PM, so it dawned on me that maybe we could all have an earlier evening. By the time we ride the elevator and go see the lights, it'll probably be pushing 8:30 or 9 PM. Then there's the 40-60 minute transportation back to our resorts.

And then. The dreaded 4 AM on the bus/monorail on Saturday morning to EPCOT. Ughhhh.

In any case, I may head over early and catch up with Joe, Deb, Karin, and more than likely Augie. Hope to see you, too! I'll find something decent to eat in the park. I'll catch up with Liz on Saturday morning via text.

12 miler planned on Monday. Still feeling healthy, so that's good!

Merry Christmas to all!

Yes. I always do lots of dillying and dallying as often as possible. Just call me Ms. Dilly Dally.

You are correct. I haven't seen Liz since last marathon weekend so I would like to hang out with her as much as I can. :love: I'll be at DS at some point that evening and if you're still there, great. :banana: If not, I shall have to live with the disappointment of not meeting you. :sad1:

Obviously, I'm not racing the next morning and don't have to get up early, but I know from last year how little sleep I got the night before the half (1 - 2 hours). I'd rather be out having fun than lying in bed frustrated that I can't sleep.

Hello Ducks,

Liznboys, Maddykins, carrisanboys. Getting ready for my first half.
Registered at POR Riverside. Check in Friday. Never been to a Marathon weekend should be an adventure to say the least. Hoping to drive down and arrive by noon.

Are any of the Ducks meeting anywhere for dinner? I'll probably head to DTD somewhee.

Walking the first half. I worked up my pace to 12 minute miles! Yaaay. :)

Looking forward to this and maybe meeting some of you also.
Thanks for the tips and advice given.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Exciting for your first half! :goodvibes I plan on walking a lot of it, but will "run" as much as I can. My training has been horrible this year so I'll just be happy to finish within 3 1/2 hours. :thumbsup2

Merry Christmas, Ducks! :santa: :santa: :santa:

I forgot to mention that I volunteered to work at the Marathon, I was assigned the 2nd water stop. So i will be looking for the Ducks!

Will be interesting getting there, they want us to be there at 2:30, and there is no transportation provided. I think I will be doing some early morning walking......

Also forgot about the WISH meet at Pop. I went two years ago, will try again hopefully, and then head to MGM.

I forgot to mention that I volunteered to work at the Marathon, I was assigned the 2nd water stop. So i will be looking for the Ducks!

Will be interesting getting there, they want us to be there at 2:30, and there is no transportation provided. I think I will be doing some early morning walking......
Very nice of you to volunteer for that - I've always thought about doing that sometime too. I just checked the course map, and that should be somewhere around re-entering the Epcot parking lot. If I recall correctly, last year they had some of the little floats from the MSEP driving around there! That could be pretty entertaining for you!

:santa:Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!:santa: to all of the Ducks and your families!

I finally made it outside this morning for a 7 mile run. It was nice to get some fresh air. I noticed something today on the trail, people are a lot more friendly when you wear a Santa hat while running. Most people said "hi" or waved to me. I guess I look less menacing with a Santa hat than without.:laughing:

Not too much time left before the big trip, looking forward to being at Disney again and spending some time with the Ducks. :thumbsup2

Have a good week everyone and Merry Christmas.

Joe

Are there any plans at 0'dark thirty prior to the relay/marathon on Sunday?

Me said:
I think it'll pretty much just be you all and Liz and I. We can definitely plan to meet up. Which leg are you running? (I'm sure I could go check the list and find out. :rolleyes1 )

I'm such a dummy! I was totally forgetting there are those who are running the marathon and not doing the relay. :rolleyes1

Happy Holidays everyone!

Are there photopass cast members with all the characters along the race route? I'd rather carry a photopass card than an camera!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Are there photopass cast members with all the characters along the race route? I'd rather carry a photopass card than an camera!

You will need your camera. the photographers on the course are from a run photo company. Not many are near characters, a CM will take a picture with your camera. It's still worth taking a camera, lots of good photo opportunities.

Joe

Actually, with regard to photographers and characters, starting with the 2011 marathon weekend, the race photographer has posted folks with many (not all) characters. At those spots you will still want to hand your camera to the handler, but you will also find your photo on ASIORDERS.com. The package is pricy, but I will generally over it if they caught enough photos.

I'm back home in Houston now. Went to spend Christmas with Mom near St. Louis. I flew home on Boxing Day, got off the plane, drove home via some friends house where I dropped off several little bottles of water in their mail box (for my later consumption!), changed clothes, then went out running. 12 miles! That last 1.5 miles kinda hurt. :sick: Nowhere in particular. Just tough.

The EXCEPTIONAL part of all this is MY CALVES DON'T HURT! :banana: Yea! My thighs hurt worse today than any other muscle group, so that's great news. My calves haven't been this pain-free since July. I'm so ecstatic! That, and I'm going to WDW in less than ten days! :dance3:

I haven't quite figured out what or when I'm gonna run between now and then. I know the hard work is done, so this taper isn't all too critical.

Looking forward to a restful NYE weekend, then the anticipation of the Duck Drop! :scared1:

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas with family and friends. I did and really enjoyed the holiday.

See many of you soon!

Renee: So glad to hear your calves are doing well! :yay:
I went out for a run that turned quickly into a walk. Dang ITB on the OTHER leg this year....I can't win. Last year the left knee was screaming, this year it's the right.

So I'm icing, rolling, stretching & done running til the 5K next Friday.
Hope everyone else is doing well & staying healthy!
We leave in 7 days! Wheeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter