Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a little set back...

I am running the Princess this year as well as the ToT 10 miler...

About a week ago I started having hip pain, bad.. it gets worse and better but it hurts enough to make me limp.

My husband doesn't want me running for a few days to see how it gets.. I get worried either way.

About a week ago I started having hip pain, bad.. it gets worse and better but it hurts enough to make me limp.

My husband doesn't want me running for a few days to see how it gets.. I get worried either way.

Renee, do you think it could be ITB related?
That is how mine starts.
Have you tried foam rolling or other stretches?
Sending positive healing thoughts! :hug:

Hi I've finally completed wk 1 of c25k but think I'll repeat it before advancing to wk 2 as life is crazy at the minute-figure if I can do that for a second week I'll be better able to handle wk 2! I hope so anyway:)

Hello

Is the Marathon wknd for 2013 really on Jan 11 - 13th, 2013?

I just booked a room at the military hotel Shades of Green for 3 nights in 2013!!! Yaaaaay. Good spot for families to CHEAR also :cheer2:

I've got two possible recruits on board, a co-worker and my younger sister. Getting them on board to start their walking on the treadmills. We'll see.
For sure I aim to beat my previous time for the Half.

Later Ducks :)

can i rejoin you all?

2011 was an interesting year. i was planning to run the half marathon in January, but ended up pregnant two weeks into my training. so...

but now, it is time to get back into the swing of things. i actually was back to running this summer. but i'm a photographer and the fall was crazy busy. with that and a newborn, it was hard for me to put my running first. but now, it is time to really buckle down and do it!

my goal is to run the Donald half marathon in 2013. :thumbsup2

can i rejoin you all?

2011 was an interesting year. i was planning to run the half marathon in January, but ended up pregnant two weeks into my training. so...

but now, it is time to get back into the swing of things. i actually was back to running this summer. but i'm a photographer and the fall was crazy busy. with that and a newborn, it was hard for me to put my running first. but now, it is time to really buckle down and do it!

How old is your little one? I have a 6 month old, so I know how hard it is to get anything done for yourself with a baby in the house!

he is almost seven months old. so, they are close in age! yes, it is hard! i also homeschool my DD, so she's at home too.

Actually, now that I think about it, she will be 7 months on the 30th, which isn't that far away :sad:. Time flies when they're little.

I have a 4 year old that goes to preschool half days, so I have her in the afternoons. Right now DH's schedule is flexible enough to allow me to get my runs in before he leaves, but when it warms up I hope to make use of my jogging stroller while my oldest is at school.

Happy Wednesday Ducks! I got in a good bike workout today.

Thanks for the warm welcome Ducks! :grouphug:

I'm scheduled to run again in the morning, but there's a 30% chance of rain. So, I think I might just go ahead and knock it out this afternoon. :thumbsup2

However, I know I won't be able to avoid running in the rain indefinitely. Like any good duck, I'm not afraid of a little moisture, but what do I do about my shoes? What's the best way to dry them out when I'm done? :confused3

I've always just let mine air dry. I've heard the newspaper method that Karin mentioned works well! Were you able to get your run in?

We have an elliptical in our basement so thats my normal x-training. But sometimes I bike too!

Gotcha. I've used an elliptical once, it was a great workout!

Afternoon Ducks!

It looks as though most everyone is getting back to running/walking. :thumbsup2 Hopefully by Wednesday I will be able to get back to it. Ended up with a knee issue after the half which required me to walk the relay, which resulted in blisters on the bottoms of my feet. Strange isn't the word for it. :confused3 :laughing:

I've never participated in a relay like that so, I didn't really know what to expect. I did the second leg and had a lot of standing around time in the MK parking lot. I sent RunDisney my observations of the weekend and asked if maybe they could put a Runner's Retreat there as I would have spent the money for a place to hang out while waiting for my teammate. Other than that, I thought it was pretty well organized, and the medal is cool! However, I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do with the butt pad they issued us. Either throw it away before hitting the course or take it with me. It may have been one of the "It looked good on paper" deals. :lmao:

Hope your knee and feet are feeling better!

Ha, yeah if you didn't have a partner who could take your butt pad then it was kinda a waste. :confused3

... Yep! I'm the "blue" one. We'll be wearing wings and hats. Sounds like she also got us some wands, too! My sister is the creative one. I'm the enginerd. :rotfl: ...

I can't wait to see pics of you three!! heehee! :wizard:

Hi everyone, I'm in!
I haven't been very active since the WDW half. Tonight was my first night working out, I did a 30 minute Bob Harper DVD with a kettle bell. It was a leg killer. I will be doing other workout dvd's for cross training and doing just 1 run during the weekend until the spring.
Last year I posted my race wish list and was able to do everyone except I changed the Dexter/Ann Arbor half to a 10K. So here is my wish list for this year.

Flying Pig half marathon in Cincinnati on May 6th
Dexter/Ann Arbor half June 3
ToT 10 miler in September
Detroit half marathon October 21
and the WDW full in January
and for the heck of it, the Wine n Dine relay with Debbie.

OK I wrote it down now to make it happen.
I will let you know once I actually sign up for each event.

Have a good week everyone.

Joe

Hope you can complete your 2012 wish list!

Hang in there...go to the doc if it doesn't improve!

Hi I've finally completed wk 1 of c25k but think I'll repeat it before advancing to wk 2 as life is crazy at the minute-figure if I can do that for a second week I'll be better able to handle wk 2! I hope so anyway:)

There's nothing wrong with repeating weeks, way to go for being smart about it!

Hello

Is the Marathon wknd for 2013 really on Jan 11 - 13th, 2013?

I just booked a room at the military hotel Shades of Green for 3 nights in 2013!!! Yaaaaay. Good spot for families to CHEAR also :cheer2:

I've got two possible recruits on board, a co-worker and my younger sister. Getting them on board to start their walking on the treadmills. We'll see.
For sure I aim to beat my previous time for the Half.

Later Ducks :)

I really don't know when marathon weekend is...but the 10-13th is what "people" keep saying.. :laughing:

can i rejoin you all?

Great to see you here Emily, I was hoping you'd join in again this year! Time to get back to it, you can do it!! :thumbsup2

Just got the email telling about the Disneyland Half registration being open now. And anyway they listed the future races in the side with Marathon weekend as Jan 10-13. So I guess it's official. I can't wait for that registration to open. I need to sign up for Goofy before I chicken out!

I've always just let mine air dry. I've heard the newspaper method that Karin mentioned works well! Were you able to get your run in?

Yes! I went ahead and did it on Monday afternoon. I decided to change my up my ratio to :45 run/1:45 walk. It was tough, but I finished strong.

Just got the email telling about the Disneyland Half registration being open now. And anyway they listed the future races in the side with Marathon weekend as Jan 10-13. So I guess it's official. I can't wait for that registration to open. I need to sign up for Goofy before I chicken out!

How do you get email updates?

Yes! I went ahead an did it on Monday afternoon. I decided to change my up my ratio to :45 run/1:45 walk. It was tough, but I finished strong.

How do you get email updates?

Good job!

I only started getting emails from runDisney after I registered for my first race with them. Maybe they could add you to their list if you email them. This is the email address they send from: rundisney@disneysports.com

Well Ducks, I got some bad news today. Found out I have a stress fracture in my right foot. :( My third metatarsal of my right foot is broken. You could see the line plain as day on the X-ray. No running and I'm in a stinkin boot for the next three weeks. Then I go back for another X-ray to see where I stand. Ugh I am so annoyed!!!

So here's the "story".. A month or two (maybe three??) ago I noticed the top of my right foot would sometimes feel a little twinge. No big deal, it never hurt when I ran. Time went on and it became routine that every morning I woke up it would be hurting a bit. But soon after I was up and around for the day it felt fine. And again, it never hurt when I ran! Well these past few days I've noticed it hurting worse in the mornings, so I decided to get it checked. And there ya go.

He said that probably what's happening is that when I'm sleeping my foot is twisting around and getting aggravated. During the day it stays in a constant form. And it doesn't hurt when I run because my shoe acts like a cast so the area isn't moving too much. (But the impact is still happening hence not being allowed to run.)

I asked if I could still bike and he was kinda wishy washy on that. But I am going to. No way I'm not doing ANYthing for three weeks!

So now I have this ridiculous clunky boot on. It makes me taller on that side so I have to wear a shoe all the time on the other. (I'm not one to wear shoes around my house, gross, so that's "nice".)

Ugh. Ok vent over. Time to focus on healing.

Oh, Liz. I'm so sorry to hear that! How odd that it's been broken for so long yet you ran not one, but TWO Half marathons! Crazy stuff. Better to be safe than sorry and rest, rest, rest. I know it's hard to do, I know!

You will bounce back. Heck, I did NOTHING for 4 months (including prior to and after) around my knee surgery. Not a thing. Nada. Zip. I got the official approval to start exercising the first week in July, and finished the Wine and Dine Half Marathon on October 1. That's just 3 months. 3 months! You now have just under 1 year for the Goofy. That's plenty of time. Plus, you're already in great shape to begin with, so it'll come back pretty quick.

My rambling point here is - listen to your doctor, rest and heal. You will still be able to do everything in time. I suck at patience (Disney buses?? Ahhh!), but managed through my injury and surgery and rehab. If I can do it, anyone can! Take it easy, OK?!!! :hug:

Forgot to also say, the best advice I got after I was injured was to enjoy my time off. (What? are you nuts? It took a few days for that to sink in my shocked brain) Really and Truly, take the time to enjoy it. You know that once you're able to, you'll be running and exercising again. So enjoy sitting around and relaxing for awhile. I know it sounds crazy, but it works! Watch some bad TV, catch up on books. Enjoy the break from running because you'll be back at it again soon enough!

Well Ducks, I got some bad news today. Found out I have a stress fracture in my right foot. :( My third metatarsal of my right foot is broken. You could see the line plain as day on the X-ray. No running and I'm in a stinkin boot for the next three weeks. Then I go back for another X-ray to see where I stand. Ugh I am so annoyed!!!

So here's the "story".. A month or two (maybe three??) ago I noticed the top of my right foot would sometimes feel a little twinge. No big deal, it never hurt when I ran. Time went on and it became routine that every morning I woke up it would be hurting a bit. But soon after I was up and around for the day it felt fine. And again, it never hurt when I ran! Well these past few days I've noticed it hurting worse in the mornings, so I decided to get it checked. And there ya go.

He said that probably what's happening is that when I'm sleeping my foot is twisting around and getting aggravated. During the day it stays in a constant form. And it doesn't hurt when I run because my shoe acts like a cast so the area isn't moving too much. (But the impact is still happening hence not being allowed to run.)

I asked if I could still bike and he was kinda wishy washy on that. But I am going to. No way I'm not doing ANYthing for three weeks!

So now I have this ridiculous clunky boot on. It makes me taller on that side so I have to wear a shoe all the time on the other. (I'm not one to wear shoes around my house, gross, so that's "nice".)

oh so sorry to hear your tale of woe! :hug:

feel better soon and take advantage of the rest! let those boys cater to your every need!

I'm so sorry Liz! Rest and do what your doc says, and we'll be praying it'll heal quickly so you can get back on the road.

Evening Ducks!

Liz - Sorry to hear about the foot. Take'er easy.

I tried jogging this evening and my right knee still isn't any better. Could feel pain from the right side of the knee up into my thigh. Guess its time to make an approintment with the Doc.

Hello Ducks. I found my way back. After taking a year off I plan to get back into running this year.

I plan on doing an 8k in February. I also want to do the TOT 10 miler especially since my first long distance race and first Disney race was the inagural TOT 13k. I also want to go Goofy again in 2013 - still can't believe I missed 2012.

Liz sorry to hear about your stress fracture. Take it easy and let it heal - you will be happy you did!!

Wow Liz, that is sad news. But as Tanya says, you have lots of time to get ready for Goofy after you get the Doc's OK. Hope you heal fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter