"Don't Forget" list?? Got one to share??

shadawn

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to pack and still feel like I'm missing alot. Does anyone have pointers on what not to forget. It's our first cruise and I need help packing!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The best tip we got was for the over-the-door shoe rack - would have been a really crowded bathroom counter without it!

After getting everyone's advise on this board, I made sure I brought an "over the door" shoe hanger. I bought mine at Target for about $7 dollars. I have to say, that was the best $7 I have ever spent in my life. I put all of our toothbrushes, deoderant, perfume, accessories, etc. in those pockets. It kept everything neat and tidy and, I knew where everything was each night I cannot thank the DIS'ers,who came up with this idea,enough. I will never again travel without an "over the door" hanger.

as I'm in the process of packing right now, I'd have to say my top "not to forget" item is:

Try not to forget to send DH far away while you're packing (somewhere out of state would be ideal)...

Forget about just sending DH away while packing
Mine's been acting like he's away for the past 10 months - Im wondering if he'll be appearing at the airport!

5 wks from today we leave for the Magic!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

iam going to disney---- Is't that the truth!!! I don't think my hubby has put ANY effort into planning this trip. The only thing I think he's done is book the time off at his work!! I just hope he remembers to thank me. That's all I'll need since I have enjoyed every part of planning this vacation. It's one we will always cherrish!! Who knows when we'll be able to afford to do it again!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc 14 days till WDW!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:bounce: :bounce: 21 days till Disney Cruise!!!:bounce: :bounce:

On top of your "Don't Forget" list--

Your documents (both from Disney and your own stuff like airline tickets, birth certificate or passport and whatever)! It's easy to forget the most important things! I stapled an envelope with all of my stuff in it across the opening in my front door so that I couldn't leave the house without them!

We also bring pre-printed labels for everyone to whom we'll be sending postcards--as many sets as I think I'll need. This way, I can mindlessly stick labels on postcards while I'm relaxing on deck (or on Castaway Cay) without having to worry about making sure all the addresses are right, or having to tire myself out by using a pen for 15 minutes. After all, I'm on vacation, right? (I thought about labels that say "Having a great time, wish you were here" but my son told me that's just way too tacky, even for me!)

My husband didn't want to be involved in the planning. He's a "just tell me when to be where" kind of guy. But now that it's less than 40 days (that must have been his magic number!) he's ready to talk about all of the details and make some plans. Better late than never, I suppose!

Beth

What not to forget... HMMM,

I guess that would have to be

1. Beer
2. Beer
3. Beer
4. Bottle opener (no Sharp points)
5. Beer
6. Champagne
7. Beer
8. Beer
9. Advil
10.Beer

Have a great trip:smooth:

Originally posted by Bob Noble

4. Bottle opener (no Sharp points)
YES!
There are no bottle openers in the rooms & we bought beer in St Maarten - had to remember a lot of years back for how to get a bottle open without an opener!

BethC1952,

I really like your idea of the preprinted "wish you were here" labels. LOL

Geesh, my family and friends should feel honored that I even remembered them, especially since all I can think about is Castaway Cay in January!!:Pinkbounc

What not to forget-

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. And a stronger SPF than you usually use. The sun down there is much stronger. Also pack some after sun aloe lotion just in case you didn't pack a high enough SPF.

I too agree about the over the door shoe holder. Would have been a mess without it.

Plan for more $ than you think you will need for souvies. Better to be safe than miss out on something you really want.

Don't forget to unpack half of the shorts outfits you packed. You will never miss them- also leaves room for those extra souvies:p

Any extra tip you may want to give like phone cards, etc.

Don't forget normal personal hygiene items- easy to forget these things in the packing frenzy the day of. I like to buy some travel size itmes and just leave them in my little make up travel bag.

The thing I remember being really glad to have remembered (okay, two things) were the travel alarm clock with the light to see the time in the middle of the night. Even more, I was glad to have brought so many plastic zipper bags in every size imaginable. You'd be amazed at how many you find uses for!! Tossing a few of those awesome cookies into one to bring to bingo for a snack, putting some of DS' cool projects from the Oceaneer Club into them, etc. I kept a few of them in my tote at all times.

-gina-

Don't forget to bring enough film for the camera...the prices onboard for film are very high...Also, for something new, since we seemed to be taking the same pix year after year, we bought a few rolls of B&W film...the pix came out great, with a nostalgic look...

Alexandrew,
I take b/w pictures at the beach they come out so awesome....(its a Boston word like wicked!) I had them framed and matted they are beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter