Dont you hate it when...

I agree that it's important to take your kids to Disney when they actually enjoy your company.
That's our point of view. Kids grow up to fast. Our Disney memories will stay with DD her whole life. :thumbsup2

I agree that it's important to take your kids to Disney when they actually enjoy your company.
That's our point of view. Kids grow up to fast. Our Disney memories will stay with DD her whole life. :thumbsup2

Exactly.

They (and I admit I have probably biased them) LOVE Disney World. Funny anecdote I was telling Parker, our 5 yo, that I wanted to go to WDW again. He goes, "Oh me too." I said, "Well, when do you want to go?" He says, "HOw about....(starts looking upward and tapping his chin)...THURSDAY??"

I was dying laughing.

That's our point of view. Kids grow up to fast. :thumbsup2

This is our mantra and the current reason we head to WDW as much as we possibly can! Just today, driving for an hour in the car w/ DS ansd DH, after visiting newborn twins, we heard "Cat's in the Cradle" song-ha! When the song goes, "My son turned ten just the other day. He said, "Thanks for the ball, dad, come on let's play. Can you teach me to throw?" I said, "Not today, I got a lot to do." He said, "That's ok.".... I turned to my husband in tears and said "We HAVE to get to WDW again!!!" Then, DH started tearing up TOO and I thought he was losing it, but then I realized he was laughing and then he recalled a Simpson's episode where Homer calls a Guilty Dad Hotline and while he is on hold that's the song they play---I told DH tonight about the Simpson's Ride and now we are back on for a Fla. trip!:confused3

DH is easy to convince even though he always complains about the cost... I just tell him every year we never know, DD may not want to go again next year... She should go while she still loves it (never mind the fact that she will ALWAYS want to go!) (DH has never been, he always wants to stay home with "his" dog)

I can't talk about Disney with my sister at all, she thinks we are excessive and does not want her children knowing we are going AGAIN... I think because she doesn't take them, and they would love to go. I have tried to talk them into going WITH us, but she has a million reasons why they can't (one of them being that the kids don't really enjoy it... someone should tell her kids that! She also doesn't want to go because her kids are fair skinned and they might burn, it is too hot, her favorite hotel doesn't exist anymore)

Then there are the people who can't understand that I LOVE Disney... they think I should just be taking my daughter and not be so gung-ho about going. Hey, I wear ears, meet characters, and take millions of pictures... plus I love the planning aspect. (I don't understand people who wing it all the time... no ADRs, no idea what park they want to go to on which days... I am not obsessive, well I don't think I am... I plan my ADR's, my park days, schedule pool time, know where I want to be when the fireworks/parades start,and have alternative plans for rainy days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter