Double Decker Buses

seashoreCM

All around nice guy.
This might be better off as a private message to Tyler but I thought I would put it here so others can share the interest/

Has WDW ever tried a double decker bus for park-resort transit? If it caught on, then many could be acquired.

Double deckers are not seen everywhere so they would add to the magical guest experience as well as allow one driver to carry more people.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Not sure whether I once saw a double decker bus running along World Showcase at Epcot.

BusOne, a Miami based charter company runs a few Neoplan Spaceliners, which are double decker coach busses. Wow... they are huge. Unfortunetly, double deckers wouldn't really work for WDW because of the amount of strollers we carry, as well as the amount of people we carry. Never mind they'd never make some of the clearances that our transit busses can do.

An alternative would be Articulated busses, which are the two busses joined by a bellow. Last I heard, Disney was looking into Artics, but for a different purpose.

decker.jpg

artic.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter