Double Occupancy?

How did you word it so you got the single room with no supplement charge? Im going on s rhine cruise where my parent are in one category, and Im in another category, but its a single supplement charge.

I believe there are 2 staterooms on the Rhône that are single capacity. So no option to put in 2 people. These would be available without a single supplement.

How did you word it so you got the single room with no supplement charge? Im going on s rhine cruise where my parent are in one category, and Im in another category, but its a single supplement charge.
Single rooms are only available for the Rhône and the Seine river cruises. The ABD configured ships used on the Danube and Rhine do not have Single cabins.
I believe there are 2 staterooms on the Rhône that are single capacity. So no option to put in 2 people. These would be available without a single supplement.
That is correct. The slightly older ships used on the Rhône and the Seine river cruises are not the ABD configuration. They have 2 Single cabins each that are sized for one person, so they have no single supplement. I am booked in one of them for the Rhône in May. It's a smaller room, but the bed is a twin, and it has the French balcony, so I don't think the room size is going to be a serious issue. It's certainly worth it to have a room to myself with no single supplement!!

Sayhello

Last edited:

On some of the ships there are 2 or 3 rooms that are for Single Cruisers, category S I believe. When we went on the Danube the boat had 2 single rooms, and our Seine boat for 2021 has the same feature, there were only 2 rooms in that category. They tend to sell out very quickly. For the River Cruise we are taking in September 2020 on the Rhine I am paying a single supplement on that boat, as there are no single rooms on the ship. It all depends on the boat and the destination.

Hi sorry to ask the dumb question but I'm having trouble figuring it out from previous replies: what does "Prices are per person based on double occupancy" even mean? Could you lay it out in the simplest terms? Lol. I would be traveling with a partner. Sorry and thanks!

Hi sorry to ask the dumb question but I'm having trouble figuring it out from previous replies: what does "Prices are per person based on double occupancy" even mean? Could you lay it out in the simplest terms? Lol. I would be traveling with a partner. Sorry and thanks!
Not dumb at all.

The price that is quoted on the website is the per person price, based on their assumption that there will be 2 people in the cabin (that's what double occupancy means). So the actual price for the cabin is twice the quoted per person price.

So if the quoted price is $4500 per person based on double occupancy, the actual price for the two of you in the cabin is $9000.

The per person price for single occupancy (solo traveller) would generally be twice the $4500 ($9000) for cruising.

Sayhello

Last edited:
We have booked a River Cruise for 2021. There are no single cabins on our ship. The single supplement was about 50%. I’m not sure when the policy changed but we are not paying double. We debated putting 3 of us in a suite but it was about the same price to get 2 cabins with French balconies ( even less with just a window). We decided to go for 2 cabins so nobody had to sleep on a pullout chair and we’d have a 2nd bathroom.

Not dumb at all.

The price that is quoted on the website is the per person price, based on their assumption that there will be 2 people in the cabin (that's what double occupancy means). So the actual price for the cabin is twice the quoted per person price.

So if the quoted price is $4500 per person based on double occupancy, the actual price for the two of you in the cabin is $9000.

The per person price for single occupancy (solo traveller) would generally be twice the $4500 ($9000) for cruising.

Sayhello
Oh gotcha. I got hopeful it meant the opposite 😂 but that makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Oh gotcha. I got hopeful it meant the opposite 😂 but that makes perfect sense. Thank you!
You are welcome! :)
We have booked a River Cruise for 2021. There are no single cabins on our ship. The single supplement was about 50%. I’m not sure when the policy changed but we are not paying double. We debated putting 3 of us in a suite but it was about the same price to get 2 cabins with French balconies ( even less with just a window). We decided to go for 2 cabins so nobody had to sleep on a pullout chair and we’d have a 2nd bathroom.
Which River cruise was that? That would be really nice if they've changed the policy.

Sayhello

I think the only way they wave it is for special circumstances. For example when we went there was no triple rooms left so they waved fee. FYI Seine has a couple of single rooms.

This is exactly what we did for our Rhine 2020 cruise. We are a family of 3 (all considered "adults" though DS is 12!) and I ended up booking two, connecting BB staterooms. It was only about $1000 more than booking one AB stateroom which was the lowest category for a triple. For us, that $1000 was money well spent to get real beds for everyone and 2 bathrooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter