Doubletree Guest Suites at WDW

Lynn K

British Invasion Fan
I got this hotel through Priceline for 1 night for $40. I will be bringing my 8 year old niece. Can anybody tell me the good and the bad points about this hotel.
Thanks.

For $40 per night, there won't be too many bad things! Expect warm cookies upon arrival and a very polite and helpful staff. There is a shuttle, but if you're not afraid of a bit of a walk, it's a nice stroll to DTD. The suites are a bit shabby with age, but essentially clean. Have fun!:D

Lynn K, which doubletree guest suites did you get? There are 2 in the area, Doubletree Guest Suites Maingate is on 192 and not in LBV. I got that one (maingate) through priceline for the end of January.

It's the one at DD. Can anyone tell me more about the kid's check-in? Thanks.

Can't wait to hear some reviews of the Doubletree on property. We're bringing our three children in July. Got a $111 rate for 7 nights. Can't beat the price on property (for five people as far as I can see).

We also stayed here through priceline for $40 a night in May 2001 for 5 nights. The location in Downtown Disney was great - but the room left alot to be desired. They are definitely older rooms in need of renovation. The pullout sofa is terribly uncomfortable. I don't believe a full-sized person could get a wink of sleep on it. The bathroom has no fan or venilation. The A/C was not working properly. We called maintenance and they came and changed the filter - it was pretty yucky. The receptacle that the microwave plugged into was cracked - enough that you could stick your finger inside and get hurt. We called maintenance and they did fix it immediately. The room was fairly clean, but they left towels for 2 people everyday.

We did not use the pool. Check-in and out were easy. The cookies are OK. They have an aviary in the lobby - which the kids really enjoyed - at first. On closer inspection (and kids will always find this stuff) - there was a dead bird at the bottom of the enclosure. On our arrival day, we spied him. It looked as though he was deceased for some time. Well, when we checked out 5 days later - he was still there decomposing.

Overall, for $40 - we felt we didn't have alot to complain about. At that time, we did use EE mornings and E-night. I would not pay $111 per night. I would probably consider another off-site suite property (lots of them include breakfast and will accomodate 5 for under $70/night) in Lake Buena Vista. If you have any other questions - feel free to ask.

thanks for the insight. We thought for some time about staying at HIFS but the
Doubletree rate was better by around 40 a night. A guy with the WDW ticket office
recommended the Dt over the Villas for the kids. Not entirely sure what to do
now after hearing your review. We'll be there 7 nights and obviously don't want
to stay in a rundown and uncomfortable room. We could still do two rooms at the all-star
but that's still around 200 a night. Vistana sounds great, but a little too far from
the park since we're travelling with another family of 3 who's staying at the all star.

I know - we are a family of 5 and occasionally we become six when we take my neice. We have stayed off-site and travelled with folks staying at the All-Stars also. We have also stayed at the All-Stars - the rooms are way too small - and $200 a night is alot of money. The properties in Lake Buena Vista at the intersection of 535 and 536 are very close to the parks (probably as close as DD). The Buena Vista Suites, Carible Royale and the Embassy Vacation Resort at Grand Beach (timeshare) are right there. I have seen some posts that Hotel kingdom.com has specials for the Embassy timeshare - but you must sit through a presentation. We have stayed there (not through hotel kingdom) and taken the presentation - and it was very low pressure. The rooms are fabulous. We had a three bedroom - and it was lovely. I think the DIS has a promo rate at the Buena Vista Suites. We stayed at the Orange Lake Country Club in Kissimmee while our friends were at the All-Stars - and we could get to their room in less than 10 minutes. We have found that without EE, it is just too expensive for us to stay on-site. If you have any questions - we have stayed lots of places.

thanks ceopa,
did you always have your own transportation? rentacar etc? Our hesitation staying off site has more to do with depending on free transportation than just about anything else. We
do not want to rent a car for the week to only go back and forth to the parks.

We drive to WDW (that's how we are able to visit so frequently) - so we have our minivan. We did use Disney bus transportation on our first trip to WDW - and it was tough with small kids. The buses were crowded, the waits were long (it was Spring Break time, but I imagine summer season is comparable), and people were less than considerate. Anyway, we feel it is more comfortable, convenient, and safer (seatbelts, no standing on buses) for the kids to drive to the parks - but everyone has their own opinion on this topic. If you are willing to drive, I don't think a weeks' car rental is much more than a car service or Mears to take you to and from the airport (try mousesavers.com for good car rental ideas - L&M rental is at MCO and has some great rates).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter