• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney Dining Reviews

Maleficent13

<font color=blue>Heh Heh, you're all gonna die<br>
I thought I'd categorize my dining reports by area (just to be different!).

Eaters are me and DH. ETA: we were not on the dining plan; we do have the DDE.

Fulton's:

(2) Fulton's House Salad - mixed field greens, plum tomatoes, Belgium endive, carrots, and cucumbers with dark balsamic vinaigrette $4.95 with shrimp add $3.00

I loved this salad, my DH not so much. The vinaigrette was :thumbsup2

Australian Lobster Tails - two succulent cold water lobster tails charcoal grilled served with red skin potatoes and drawn butter $46.95 Sterling Chardonnay $7.00

O...M...G...these were amazing!!! I didn't eat the potatoes because, well, HELLO, LOBSTER! But I'm sure they were fine.

Fulton's Fried Platter - A combination of Maine lobster tail, sea scallops, Gulf shrimp, tartar and cocktail sauces, with cole slaw and French fries $39.95 Amstel Light $?

They FRIED A LOBSTER TAIL!! I have no words. But he seemed to enjoy it.

Note: you can no longer jostle for a table and eat in the bar. It's now all reserved seating...that sucked. We got seated in the main restaurant and it was much louder. Our server was competent, but not overly friendly.

All in all, I would give it a 3 out of 5.

Earl of Sandwich:

The Full Montagu - roast beef and turkey with cheddar and swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato and mustard sauce $4.95 Earl Grey Lemonade $1.75

This was just me on a shopping trip! ;) :thumbsup2 Excellent sandwich with a bit of spice in the mustard sauce, quick line, friendly people. Loved it! 5 out of 5

Portabello Yacht Club:

Shrimp Oreganata - oven roasted gulf shrimp with seasoned bread crumbs in a white wine sauce and wilted tomatoes $12.95

$12.95 for three small shrimp covered in tomatoes. It was good, but I wouldn't get it again.

Sausage Ravioli - Ravioli stuffed with Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, and cacciatorina sauce $17.95 Limoncella Cheesecake: $5.95

DH cleared both plates, so I assume this was good! He raved about it!

Pasta with Proscuitto and peas in a cream sauce, $? Crema Cotta Carmellata - white chocolate custard, caramelized into a crisp candy glaze served with fresh seasonal berries $6.95

I can't remember the name of this pasta dish and the menu on Deb's site is a bit outdated. But it was also excellent, as was the creme brulee! WAAAYYY too much pasta though.

We ate outside on the water and it was very nice. This was the best meal of the trip, I think. 5 out of 5. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Ate at Wolfgang Puck on the dining plan. The man who took my order was very rude. Did not let me order from the complete menu (exluded the meatloaf - $10.95 and something else that was the same price). Allowed entrees of $9.95 or less.

Our server was wonderful. Gave her a tip and let her know that her service made up for the poor treatment from counter man.

Glad you enjoyed the dinner at Portobello's. I had the shrimp appetitizer to and thought it was good. I never tried the ravoli there yet but Portobello
Yacht club has become a favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter