DP, crossing the entitlement streams with split stays

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
I’ve added two days, at different resorts, to an upcoming trip.

was planning on adding the DDP to the 2nd stay, splitting usage over the 2nd & 3rd days of the trip. Easy to add as APH

Now, considering the idea of also adding QS plan to the 1st stay and split it over the 1st & 2nd days.

just wondering if doing so would muck things up in MDE, as to the venue possibly taking “the wrong” entitlement on day 2 (would be for a CS). Not sure how my MDE would reflect the entitlements on day 2 when both would be active…lumped together or somehow separate.:scratchin

IMO disney’s IT dept can be decidedly hit or miss, I’ve had multiple issues in past with the system grabbing an old standalone park tix that was sitting in my MDE instead of my AP when entering park. Fixable but, time consuming

it’s been ages since we bought DP, seem to recall the receipt after purchase would list the entitlements as: “X” number of TS, CS & snacks remaining. Is that how it still works?

Perhaps if I request a room key the first day & use it instead of my magic band when using the entitlements, it might keep the two plans totally separate:confused3

any with experience with this that could share?

Another Q: do you have to pick up your mug at your registered resort, or can it be done at any of them?

You can get the refillable mug at any resort QS. Just returned from a split stay where we had the DDP for the 1st stay- 2 nights. While I can't speak to the possibility of the 2 separate stay DDP's overlapping, I can say that as soon as I hit "check out" the convenient DDP entitlement display on MDE went away as well- so be sure you know what you have left before checking out. When we used the 2 snack entitlements we had left at kiosks in epcot it worked fine- but did not state the correct entitlements left on the receipt. So we went to guest services to confirm what was left. That evening we tried to use mobile order for our last quick service credit and it would not pull from the DDP- it was trying to charge us. So I went to the actual register at the QS and it worked. These weren't major issues, but just a note to be on top of it. I am anxious to hear if anyone has done what you are trying to do to see if the IT can keep up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter