DP split stay ?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
We are looking at a couple of options for our trip and I am trying to figure out how dining would work.

1) Stay at POFQ for 4 nights then AKL for 2 - our TA said I would need to get a 6 day ticket, then 4 days of dining while at POFQ and no dining at AKL. THis is b/c otherwise I'd have to buy a 4 day ticket with dining, then a 2 day ticket with dining which is a more pricey way to get tix. But why can't I get 6 days of both dining and park if I am on prop the whole time?

2) Rent DVC points for 4 nights and AKL for 2 - My understanding is that DVC can now get dining. So would I have to buy dining twice - 4 nights through DVC then 2 nights in AKL? And would I therefore need to buy park tickets 4/2 instead of 6? This is obviously a more pricey way to do it.

Any other ways to make this work? Or should I just bag the split stay? I know DDs would love AKL so I am trying to make it work, but it seems like they don't make split stays easy on DP.

Thanks! JJ

Is your dvc stay before your akl stay? If so then it makes the split dp difficult. If akl were first you would be able to do all your park tix + d nights dining on that stay then the dvc with dining only using your tix from the first stay.

I know that doesn't help much but it was all I could think of.

Tinker*Shell*Bell said:
Is your dvc stay before your akl stay? If so then it makes the split dp difficult. If akl were first you would be able to do all your park tix + d nights dining on that stay then the dvc with dining only using your tix from the first stay.

I know that doesn't help much but it was all I could think of.

We are not locked into our dates so we could do the AKL first. I am not sure I understand the difference though. If we did AKL first, I could get park tickets for 6 days, and dining for 2 nights, then just dining for 4 through DVC? Why won't it work the other way around? Can I get a 6 day ticket with 5 days dining through DVC, and then two days dining with AKL? I guess I would need a new ticket to get the AKL dining. Is that the problem? JJ

Here was my thinking:
1st-AKL 2 nights, 6 day tix + 2 dayd dining
2nd-Rent DVC points for the 4 night stay. add dining (no tix needed for dvc members to get dining)
You will have 4 days of your park tix from the first stay to use during the dvc stay.

The reason it doesn't work in reverse is because you will be getting your park tix at the AKl stay and if you stay there second and DVC first you would not have the park tix until your last 2 days.

further reason: need tix to get dining at akl but no tix needed to get dining through DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter