• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DPP with 2 rooms question

baileybelle

Dis Veteran
We will be 5 adults, 2 rooms, 3 adult kids in one room and 2( DH and me) in the other room. I read on another thread that you will be issued 3 cards to one room with credits and 2 cards to the other room with credits.

The OP on another thread said she was asked numerous times by CM's for both her cards because there were only a set amount of credits on each card per room or used 1 card and the CM did 2 separate transactions. She said it made it hard to keep track of credits.

My question is would it be easier for my DH and I to use our card and our 3 adult children order on their card? Has anyone else encountered this multi-room problem? Thanks!

baileybelle said:
We will be 5 adults, 2 rooms, 3 adult kids in one room and 2( DH and me) in the other room. I read on another thread that you will be issued 3 cards to one room with credits and 2 cards to the other room with credits.

The OP on another thread said she was asked numerous times by CM's for both her cards because there were only a set amount of credits on each card per room or used 1 card and the CM did 2 separate transactions. She said it made it hard to keep track of credits.

My question is would it be easier for my DH and I to use our card and our 3 adult children order on their card? Has anyone else encountered this multi-room problem? Thanks!
Not sure if this will help, but here is what we did. We have 9 people going in August with 3 rooms booked (adults in each room) After many confusing calls to Disney and many mistakes CMs made with booking, we ended up making 3 seperate reservations yet having all info sent "c/o" us. Hope this makes sense!

The dining plan is tied to the reservation. You can have two rooms on one reservation...or you can have 2 rooms on 2 reservations.

You can do whatever is easiest for you.

We went last September on the dining play for 7 of us. My folks were going to stay in one room and my wife and I and 3 kids in another (at the Contemporary). This was booked under one reservation, and due to confusion when booking, they had us on the ressie as 4 in one room and 3 in the other.

At check-in, we said we didn't want it that way, but they acted like it couldn't be changed...had to be 4 and 3. We really didn't mind since we'd all be doing mostly the same things all week.

However, it was bothersome. There is a total number of credits on your room card for everyone in that room, but many/most places only let you subtract the number of meals (per meal) equal to the number of people in your room (it's stated on your room-key/meal-card how many adults and children are in that room). Most meals were together with all 7 of us, and they simply took 4 off one and 3 off the other. When we had to order 5 meals, we were told it couldn't be done (at Flame Tree). After that, we tried to avoid ordering 5 meals off my 4-person card. A few times, at counter-service, I'd order 3 meals and 'pay', then my wife would be right behind me in line and order 2 meals and pay with her card. That was fine, as it was 2 separate orders. For big meals w/o my folks, we'd put 4 on mine, and 1 on my child's card (the one listed as staying in the other room).

This was fine. But having that other room's card with us allowed us to use my folks meal/snack credits if we wanted, so we had to be careful to split up the meals correctly, or we could leave mom/dad washing dishes somewhere.
:teeth:

If they have the same policy now on the DDP, then (to answer your question) you will have to pay for yours, and your kids will have to pay for theirs. Some (many/most?) places will let you pay for all with one card, but some won't. There's nothing on the card electronically keeping them from taking all the meals off one card, but some waiters/waitresses are the gate-keepers and make sure the meals match the card's listing of people in the room.

Hope this helps.

Okay guys now I am getting confused and concerned.....are these problems only on two room reservations that have adults in them.

Or maybe I should ask it like this.....with 2 adults, 4 children, 2 rooms, 1 reservation......are our credits all going to be together on one key??!! Cuz thats the easiest for us...we will be eating every meal together so why would it be on more than one key?

Unless you specify otherwise, ALL the meals on on each key. For instance, if you have 24 TS credits, your card will have 24 credits to start and your DH's card will have 24 credits. You can specify that you do not want the credits available on children's cards if desired.

vellamint said:
Okay guys now I am getting confused and concerned.....are these problems only on two room reservations that have adults in them.

Or maybe I should ask it like this.....with 2 adults, 4 children, 2 rooms, 1 reservation......are our credits all going to be together on one key??!! Cuz thats the easiest for us...we will be eating every meal together so why would it be on more than one key?
In August, we will have 3 rooms: One with 2 adults, one with 2 adults and 1 child and one room with 2 adults and two children.
After many confusing calls to Disney to book our trip for August with the dining plan, I think I can answer your question-someone correct me if I am wrong! From what I understand, the dining credits are linked to your resort room. So your credits would be on two cards since you have two rooms.

kcashner said:
The dining plan is tied to the reservation. You can have two rooms on one reservation...or you can have 2 rooms on 2 reservations.

that is correct... i suggest doing what is CHEAPER for you (and definitely price it both ways 'cause once it was cheaper to put all four on one ressie (two rooms) and another time it was cheaper to book dh/ds in one room/on one ressie and dd/me in another/on another... go figure! :confused3

when we were on separate ressies, we did the two separate checks thing 'cause when a server insisted it did not matter in the first restaurant, the server in the 2nd said it did (but that could be 'cause one card was 1A/1C and the other 2A) so thereafter we were extra careful!

When we went in April we had 1 reservation with two rooms at POP. Even though the two teens were in one room and my dh and I in the other the credits were split with 14 adult credits of each ts, cs and snack on each card. It was very confusing and several days I went to guest services to get a print out as to what was left on which card.

I was told at check in that this is how it had to be. It was only a slight inconvenience, nothing to complain about.

We had 2 rooms on 1 reservatin last Sept. Each room had the credits equal to the people staying in the room in this case 3 adults 1 child (1 room) 2 adults (other room). MS Ds and friend used 1 card fromt heir room at CS during the day and then we all went to TS together. I had to give 1 card from each room for the meal. No problem at all and the receipt always shows the number of credits left for that room. I found it very easy to keep up with. :thumbsup2

:rose: Hi Baileybelle,We could have the same problem, 2 rooms but we will all be eating together all the time so I hope it doesn't make it complicated 'cos I know I'll be the onesorting it out not DD.WE JUST DECIDED TO ADD AN EXTRA DAY yAHOOOO!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks everyone. I don't think this will be too much of a problem since we are all adults and this won't be a surprise when I get there.

We'll just use a card from each room. DH and I will use one and the 3 "kids" will use their's to order and "pay." I'll just keep track of the receipts and check at POP to make sure the credits are correct.

kcashner said:

When I originally booked my reservation for 2 rooms at POFQ it was 1 reservation. I called back a few days later to add another adult and the CM said I had to have 2 reservations and if I didn't spend the time on the phone to correct it all with him that it would take an hour to check in at the resort.

SO...I've got 1 room with 2A, 1C and another with 2A,2C. I'm sure I'll be the one sorting out all the points. Nice to know ahead of time that I should stick to using cards from each room so that I don't end up with too many points on any 1 card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter