Drawn to Life Questions

N

nw6675

We are considering attending Drawn to Life in September since DH and I loved the Vegas Cirque shows we've seen in the past ("O" being my all time favorite). I've read the previous threads on best seats, and this far out we have our pick of great seats.

1. Given the official policy is no returns or exchanges, how far out do you recommend purchasing the tickets?
2. For seats in the top section, are the only exits at the "top"? The seats we are considering are at the bottom of the top section, but don't really want to be the last people to exit the theater :)
3. We are thinking of taking a park down day on the Saturday (9/24) and seeing Drawn to Life, but then I wondered if DS is insane on Saturday evenings even in slower times of the year.

Thank you for any advice!

We are considering attending Drawn to Life in September since DH and I loved the Vegas Cirque shows we've seen in the past ("O" being my all time favorite). I've read the previous threads on best seats, and this far out we have our pick of great seats.

1. Given the official policy is no returns or exchanges, how far out do you recommend purchasing the tickets?
2. For seats in the top section, are the only exits at the "top"? The seats we are considering are at the bottom of the top section, but don't really want to be the last people to exit the theater :)
3. We are thinking of taking a park down day on the Saturday (9/24) and seeing Drawn to Life, but then I wondered if DS is insane on Saturday evenings even in slower times of the year.

1. That's tough to answer. I've seen it twice now - once in early December when we bought the seats a few months earlier - that performance was sold out. I saw it again in early Feb. and bought the ticket the week before - that performance was not filled at all - I sat on the aisle, center section of the upper level and there was no one else in my row. If there is particular performance you are considering, I would just keep checking availability and if things look like they are starting to sell, maybe purchase then.

2. I sat in the upper level in Feb. and exited on the main level.

3. DS is busy even on weekday evenings. Both times I saw Cirque, we saw the 5:30 pm show. We arrived at DS late morning, had a late lunch, shopped, entered Cirque around 4:45 pm (don't miss the pre-show) and then left DS from the westside when the show was over (we called a lyft). For us, it was perfect timing to avoid the bigger crowds.

Just a heads up that Drawn to Life goes dark for a short period in September. This was scheduled to happen in 2020 too when the show was originally scheduled to open so might be a normal break after a busy summer.

The show is dark Sep 11-19, 2022 so not the date you’re considering but may affect others.

If you look at the calendar, nothing looks like it's meaningfully sold beyond about 5 weeks out at the top, and about 8 weeks at the bottom (I'm using Saturday night shows to gauge demand as I'm assuming these will be high demand)

Follow on question -- I happened to purchase tickets for early December 2022, and now we are having to cancel our trip. I know about the no transfer / no refund policy, but has anyone had any trouble giving them to family members? Like, just printing the PDF out and sending them the tickets? Surely they don't check ID, do they?

Follow on question -- I happened to purchase tickets for early December 2022, and now we are having to cancel our trip. I know about the no transfer / no refund policy, but has anyone had any trouble giving them to family members? Like, just printing the PDF out and sending them the tickets? Surely they don't check ID, do they?
The individual tickets don't have a name on (just checked ours) so I don't see how they could.

We canceled our trip last December and the Cirque box office said I could exchange tickets for another date. I ended up giving them to a family member instead, with no issues.

We canceled our trip last December and the Cirque box office said I could exchange tickets for another date. I ended up giving them to a family member instead, with no issues.
Oh, that's interesting. We are planning to go in 2023. I tried calling today, but they are apparently closed on Mondays. I'll try tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks!

What I did for our visit in a month was picked 4 sets of seats i wanted, and when only one set still remained, that was the time for me to buy.

Last edited:
entered Cirque around 4:45 pm (don't miss the pre-show) and then left DS from the westside when the show was over (we called a lyft). For us, it was perfect timing to avoid the bigger crowds.

I didn't know there was a pre-show. What time does that start? I don't want to miss it, but I also don't want the kids to have to sit in their seats longer than they need to.

I was able to switch our tickets with no issues to a different date when we had to change trip dates due to a conflict. I purchased them last year - the day the went on sale. Our trip isn't until July.

I was able to switch our tickets with no issues to a different date when we had to change trip dates due to a conflict. I purchased them last year - the day the went on sale. Our trip isn't until July.
Oh nice! That makes me feel infinitely better. I'm going to call later today. Thanks for the info!

Oh nice! That makes me feel infinitely better. I'm going to call later today. Thanks for the info!
Yep, it was super quick and easy - just a 10-15 minute phone call. And the agent who helped me even stayed on the line to make sure I received the email with the new tickets before disconnecting.

This is an old thread but in case you are still here of for future readers. The venue is very small so just about anywhere you sit will be a good view as long as you are not like the last 10 or seats in the corners. Even the last row will give you a great view. Off center is better because of some scenes where a prop comes out of the floor blocking other things toward the back

Also I know you didn't ask for a review but we have seen many cirque shows in Vegas and traveling ones in different parts of the country. Drawn to life does not come close to the caliber of the other shows especially not "O". So prepare your husband. There are a few very good Cirque type acrobatic acts but the rest is variety show acts. We found the story line very weak and there was no cohesion that you find in the other shows. Most of the acts were either the same or similar to the last couple of seasons of AGT. Having said that, even if I had read bad reviews prior We probably would have gone anyway because it's Disney! That's why we didn't read the reviews. If you still want to go, Go for cheapest seats you can get. I would have been ok paying $50 for the show, but we spent $150/seat. Definitely not worth it.

This is an old thread but in case you are still here of for future readers. The venue is very small so just about anywhere you sit will be a good view as long as you are not like the last 10 or seats in the corners. Even the last row will give you a great view. Off center is better because of some scenes where a prop comes out of the floor blocking other things toward the back

Also I know you didn't ask for a review but we have seen many cirque shows in Vegas and traveling ones in different parts of the country. Drawn to life does not come close to the caliber of the other shows especially not "O". So prepare your husband. There are a few very good Cirque type acrobatic acts but the rest is variety show acts. We found the story line very weak and there was no cohesion that you find in the other shows. Most of the acts were either the same or similar to the last couple of seasons of AGT. Having said that, even if I had read bad reviews prior We probably would have gone anyway because it's Disney! That's why we didn't read the reviews. If you still want to go, Go for cheapest seats you can get. I would have been ok paying $50 for the show, but we spent $150/seat. Definitely not worth it.
Thanks! Definitely helpful in regard to O. Now I have an itch to go see it yet AGAIN!!

My two cents. We just saw the show last week at a 5:30 showing on tuesday. I would say the room was about 3/4 full. Agree with others that there's not a bad seat in the house but I wouldn't want to sit on the sides either I was three rows up from the main walkway half circle a little off center and felt like I had really good seats.

As for the show itself, we had technical difficulties so I think we missed a scene early on in the show but otherwise I enjoyed it. It did feel more Disney than Cirque but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It just did not have the number of oh wow moments like a Cirque noshow in Vegas does. Especially now with the discounts being offered I think this is a good time to see the show. Are we rushing to see it again on our very next trip? No. But it did offer enjoyable night out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter