Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

I am super excited!!! My TA was able to snag us the rooms we wanted on a week earlier cruise! It has a different itinerary but that was fine with us. We got the mini suites 5520 and 5522!

I am super excited!!! My TA was able to snag us the rooms we wanted on a week earlier cruise! It has a different itinerary but that was fine with us. We got the mini suites 5520 and 5522!

i'm really happy for you and so glad you booked now instead of waiting. two weeks can make all the difference.
now the count down starts which is fun all in itself. :thumbsup2

Thank you. Passing the time reading the threads on here will help. I am loving the what to do / what not to do thread. Very helpful. We haven't ever cruised with disney. We have been on carnival to get our feet wet to see if we like it. Had a great time and thought it was time to upgrade to Disney.

hiya,

my first post!! :goodvibes

we are booked on the dream into stateroom 6510. we really need a tub as have 2 small children. TA says that this room has a tub but the link to photos earlier in the thread has a walk in shower.

has anyone stayed in this room & can confirm 100% one way or the other?

thanks in advance!

lynsey.xx.

Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

We are aft verandah peeps ourselves, but this info might really help some people. Anyone have any more info that we can add to this list??
Thank you so much!

This thread is great. We are planning to book one of these on the Fantasy for our next cruise. One of the ones that sleep 4.

hiya,

my first post!! :goodvibes

we are booked on the dream into stateroom 6510. we really need a tub as have 2 small children. TA says that this room has a tub but the link to photos earlier in the thread has a walk in shower.

has anyone stayed in this room & can confirm 100% one way or the other?

thanks in advance!

lynsey.xx.

Hi!
I saw photos of this room that someone posted on Facebook. Since then, the album has been removed or made private, but it was a walk-in shower. This room is HUGE. I am booked on it for August.
Have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

We just booked 5520 for the Dream 4 night on November 30. DD12 picked it. I wanted a verandah, but she wanted this, so of course we went with what she wanted lol. :rolleyes:

Seeing as there are so few of these rooms, I'm really surprised it was available. I'm not sure I will like it, but DD says we each get our own tv (not that we will watch much tv, pretty much only at bedtime and in the morning while we get ready) and our own window seats. I'm willing to give it a try. I know I won't miss the split bath as I wasn't too crazy over that last time. I felt like I had to keep going in and out of doors lol. There are only the two of us and we never got dressed at the same time anyway. I wake up earlier than DD and she was always in the Club while I got ready for the evening. Then after the show she would get ready for dinner. I'm not sure I will like the location of 5520 but we'll see.
:sail:

Did you read post #1?
I did, and it seemed to indicate that 2 of the cabins (the ones that did NOT say "no privacy curtain") would have the curtain but when I looked at pictures of those cabins, it does not appear that there is a privacy curtain. And someone wrote ...maybe on mousesavers?....that none of the rooms have the privacy curtain.

Anyway, just thought I would ask.

I did, and it seemed to indicate that 2 of the cabins (the ones that did NOT say "no privacy curtain") would have the curtain but when I looked at pictures of those cabins, it does not appear that there is a privacy curtain. And someone wrote ...maybe on mousesavers?....that none of the rooms have the privacy curtain.

Anyway, just thought I would ask.

Are you referring to the pictures starting at post #7? Those are from 5518, not a deck six room.

Are you referring to the pictures starting at post #7? Those are from 5518, not a deck six room.
No, I've been looking at a lot of links to the deck 6 rooms.

I was just wondering if anybody had personal experience or knew for sure whether or not those two rooms 6014 & 6512 (which do not mention a privacy curtain in the first post) have a privacy curtain.

No, I've been looking at a lot of links to the deck 6 rooms.

I was just wondering if anybody had personal experience or knew for sure whether or not those two rooms 6014 & 6512 (which do not mention a privacy curtain in the first post) have a privacy curtain.

I know I'm not answering your question exactly but we have been in 6514 and it did not have a privacy curtain. I think 6512 is the same and will not have one.

Has anyone devised thier own makeshift privacy curtain. I'm thinking a sheet and some clothes pins or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter